Author Topic: Speeding things up  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Speeding things up
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »
I'm enjoying Aurora, but my experience would be much improved if I could speed up manufacturing, research, shipbuilding, etc., by, say, 30%.  The turns already take so long to process that I get very bored waiting for long projects to finish. Is there any way to tweak these?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Speeding things up
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
you could SM yourself some of the tech for +30% construction/mining/research off the bat. There are a couple of things that could help you speedwise though: disable all orbits, even planets. hitting the DB is expensive. Turn off/kill spoilers, one of them doesn't really hit turn length that often, but the other two can kill it. eliminate NPR generation on system generation, and just start with a few established NPRs. anyone that explores could potentially trigger an NPR cascade of new races creating even newer races. Lastly, run 30 day increments whenever possible, large civilian fleets are not your friend, and because of the way trade works this basically starves them.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Speeding things up
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:28:41 AM »
Make your starting population 30% bigger.  The initial amount of factories scale proportionally with the population.  Shipbuilding won't be faster, but you'll have 30% more yards.

John

PS - I don't remember if the scaling happens automatically during setup or if you have to do it by hand.