VB6 Aurora > VB6 Mechanics

Change for v6.30

<< < (2/4) > >>

Steve Walmsley:
Shock Damage

Ships may now suffer Shock Damage as a result of hostile weapon fire (either energy weapons or missile warheads). A percentile roll is made after any non-shield damage. If the roll is less than Damage^1.3 (rounded down), there is the potential for shock damage. The damage inflicted is equal to: (Damage / 3) * Random Percentage. The result is rounded down to the nearest integer, so it may still result in zero damage

So the base chance of inflcting at least 1 point of shock damage for different amounts of non-shield damage is as follows:

1: 0%
2: 0%
3: 0.03%
4: 1.25%
5: 2.8%
6: 4.5%
7: 6.3%
8: 8.1%
9: 10.7%
10: 12.6%
12: 18.0%
16: 28.4%
20: 40.1%
24: 53.4%
30: 73.8%
36: 95.3%

This has a couple of implications. Firstly, it is possible for a ship to lose a key system even when its armour has not been penetrated. This should lead to more interesting combat situations. Secondly, it gives an advantage to larger energy weapons and missile warheads. You may inflict significant damage with a lucky hit from a large missile warhead and that won't be possible with small missiles.

Steve Walmsley:
Order Templates

On the Task Group window, you can save a list of orders as a template and then retrieve them later.

For example, you give a TG a set of orders to pick up automated mines from a colony, travel through several jump points, drop them off at another colony and return to refuel at the start point. You can save that set of orders as a template (giving it a template name) and then select it again for any future TG. Each template is associated with the system in which the first order takes place. A template can only be selected if the currently selected TG is in the system associated with the template and has no orders, or the task group has existing orders that will take it to that system, in which case the template orders will be added to the existing orders.

This is all done from a simple list on the first tab (squeezed in at the side between OOB and default orders) with a list of templates for the current system, a Save button and a Use button.

This addition is something of an experiment, as I am concerned it could lead to unexpected problems. The player will have to use this feature intelligently and not give orders that don't make sense. I don't want to add code to check every possible template for every task group because there are just too many possible factors. So I'll see how it works out and if it does cause problems, I'll remove it for the next version.

Steve Walmsley:
Added a Warhammer 40K Empire theme. Has 600+ system names and 100+ class names (using the existing WH40K ship names).

There is already a WH40K commander names theme.

Steve

Steve Walmsley:
The cost of Financial Centres has been reduced from 240 to 120 for v6.30

Steve

Steve Walmsley:
Removed unrest for Minority Status. I don't think this adds much to gameplay and can be annoying since genetic modification was added.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version