Author Topic: Can't refit ships  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Jetman123 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Can't refit ships
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
I can't refit any ships whatsoever. Whenever I do, I keep getting "populate shipyard tasks" errors and production errors stating that there's been an overflow. There's no percentage complete and the completion date is the same date I'm currently on in-game. The refits just don't work.

Am I missing something?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Can't refit ships
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 05:34:56 PM »
Yes; the complete text of the error message, including the title ("Error # in <function_name>").  Also information about the ship you're refitting, the class you're refitting from, the class you're refitting to, the shipyard you're using, the locations of all of the above, and additional information.

Screenshots are quite helpful.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
In addition, this post would have probably been better in "The Academy".  A good rule of thumb is if you're asking yourself the question "am I doing something wrong/is there something I don't understand", then it goes in The Academy :-)

John

Offline Jetman123 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:24:29 PM »
Sigh. nevermind. You're right, I should have collected a screenshot or two. I reinstalled version 491 and reloaded my save file and the refits apparently work now. No idea what was wrong. If I encounter it again I'll be sure to collect more info.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
Quote from: "Jetman123"
Sigh. nevermind. You're right, I should have collected a screenshot or two. I reinstalled version 491 and reloaded my save file and the refits apparently work now. No idea what was wrong. If I encounter it again I'll be sure to collect more info.

Ummm does that mean you're not using 5.02?  (The latest version?)  That's another thing that's important to mention in bug reports - the version you're using (especially if it's not the most current one).

John