Author Topic: NPR Interruptions  (Read 1501 times)

NPR Interruptions
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »
First of all, I want to say this is a great game. I've been wasting so much time...er, playing it so much over the last two weeks since I've discovered it. I think my first campaign is going well so far, short of Invaders being in every adjacent system (except one, which dead-ends, JP-wise) and my ships being very inadequate to take them on. However, I've hit a hitch - for the last couple hundred turns, I'm only getting 40-60 second time increments due to NPR fighting/ship within firing range messages. I suspect it's the Precursors and Invaders fighting in a nearby system, since a wormhole opened in a ruin system, and the fight is lasting much longer than it should have if it was a standard NPR vs. Precursors/Invaders. I have no idea if there's a way to use Spacemaster to speed this up, or if I'm just doomed to hammering the 30 days increment button until they finish killing each other. Any help?

A quick pre-post search revealed that this is probably a yo-yo bug, of which I saw Steve mentioning a manual cure in the v5.20 thread about this. However, I can't seem to find it. Am I just failing to search well enough, or am I missing something?

Edit: Not sure if this is the right forum or if this should go into Bugs, move if necessary.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: NPR Interruptions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »
Open the system map (F3), and check "Automated Turns", then click your increment. The game will run until something that directly affects you generates an interrupt.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:59:20 PM »
Cool, thanks. I'll just let it run on 10-minute increments until it stops. Knew I was probably missing something obvious...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:23:53 AM »
Quote from: "AxisKiller"
Cool, thanks. I'll just let it run on 10-minute increments until it stops. Knew I was probably missing something obvious...
Automated turns will help pass the time more quickly. If it goes on for a while though it may well be some form of yoyo bug. Let me know how it goes.

Steve

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:41:10 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "AxisKiller"
Automated turns will help pass the time more quickly. If it goes on for a while though it may well be some form of yoyo bug. Let me know how it goes.

Steve

It sorted itself out, though it's occurring every couple of months  because that wormhole is still active and it looks like the Precursors have lots of ships. Doesn't appear to be bugged, though, everything is still going as it should.