Author Topic: TF training for PDC-based fighters?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Vanigo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
TF training for PDC-based fighters?
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »
I know you can train fighters by leaving them in the hangars of a training carrier, and I know PDCs accumulate task force training automatically, but is there any way to train fighters based in a PDC, short of training them in a carrier first and then transferring them to the PDC?

Offline Vanigo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Re: TF training for PDC-based fighters?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »
Seriously, is there a way to do this? Or, failing that, a way to use SM mode to manually alter TF training?

Offline Chairman

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »
Dont think you can train them in PDC, but if you form task group and put them into that they can train.
Don´t forget to give them conditionals to move home before the fuel runs out....

Offline Vanigo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »
Quote from: "Chairman"
Dont think you can train them in PDC, but if you form task group and put them into that they can train.
Don´t forget to give them conditionals to move home before the fuel runs out....
Uh, I already said I knew that. Unless you're talking about training them in a fleet where they're not in carriers, which is obvious but stupid. Use a million liters of fuel a day for two-three years? No thank you. Not to mention that they'd run up their maintenance clocks and half of them would explode.

Offline On_Target

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 06:35:11 AM »

Actually, I tried this, and even at the highest amount of conditional fuel to return home with, they still manged to get stuck out past the asteroid belt.  Pain in the butt to get them all home as at the time I hadn't built a tanker (no need, I was exploiting my home system before leaving it--that said a PDC with fighters was a must in case of Invaders); plus the issues Vanigo mentioned.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
The Fuel and Spares conditions do not factor into TF Training. Think Steve knows about it, but it is just one of those things that keeps on getting pushed to the back of the pile.