Author Topic: Generation chance tweaked in 5.20 or should I buy a lottery ticket?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Arwyn (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Commander
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
All kidding aside, I had to restart my 5.20 game due to a looping bug, and the 2nd game has been jam packed full on NPR's and ruins. Mind bogglingly so.

1 jump from Sol netted a binary system with a high tech NPR (who went hostile fast) AND Precursors. Precursors actually put the boot to the NPR after he nuked my friendly little survey ship that made contact. After the nuke, Precursors motored over to the NPR inhabited binary and stomped them flat. I arrived in system as the Precursors were nuking the NPR into the stone age after slaughtering their fleet. Killing the low ammo Precursors netted me a new world with some surviving shipyards, after I landed troops.

2 jumps from Sol, system with two worlds with breathable atmospheres, but brutal cold (-40c on one, -114c on the other). The colder of the two had ruins, on it. LOTS of ruins. After the survey team was done, I had a ruined colony on my hands with 268 abandoned facilities! I have NEVER seen a ruin with that much stuff. Not ever.

So far, I have run into 3 star swarm, six Precursor systems, three high tech NPR's (two hostile, one neutral going on friendly), one hostile low tech NPR bordering on high tech (just invaded him). Four more NPRs from thermal ship hits in systems and wreckage (and peeking at the event log in SM mode). And of course, our friendly neighborhood Invaders who have been stomping some of the NPRs and Precursors, judging by the wreckage I have found.

I have only gotten five or six jumps away from Sol down my warp point chains. Total systems so far is in the forties. This seems like a heck of a lot.

My last 5.20 game was about the same size, but only one NPR, and a couple of small ruins. My previous games had gotten up to these numbers of NPRs and ruins, but they were forty years in with over a hundred systems mapped.

So, have I just hit the jackpot, or have I had really rotten luck in the previous games?

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
Re: Generation chance tweaked in 5.20 or should I buy a lottery ticket?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
That sounds like a pretty good headstart. :D

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Generation chance tweaked in 5.20 or should I buy a lottery ticket?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 06:38:38 AM »
I haven't changed anything so it sounds like you are just rolling well :)

Steve