Author Topic: C# Aurora Changes Discussion  (Read 445872 times)

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: C# Aurora Changes Discussion
« Reply #510 on: February 13, 2017, 09:49:23 AM »
Simple question (and hard implementation I think   ;D ) : in A.C# there will be IFF systems/technologies ?

Think this for: intellegence mission spoofing codes, JP or planet mine fields creation (and mine field sweeping), elusion probing...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #511 on: February 13, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »
Simple question (and hard implementation I think   ;D ) : in A.C# there will be IFF systems/technologies ?

Think this for: intellegence mission spoofing codes, JP or planet mine fields creation (and mine field sweeping), elusion probing...

There will be IFF in the same way as VB6, with transponders. Minefields already know friend from foe.

At the moment I have no plans for spoofing IFF. While it sounds interesting, the game play impact will likely be players checking their own list of ships every time a new task group enters the system to make sure it is definitely one of theirs.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »
At the moment I have no plans for spoofing IFF. While it sounds interesting, the game play impact will likely be players checking their own list of ships every time a new task group enters the system to make sure it is definitely one of theirs.
Could also be spoofing another empire's signature that correlates to a freighter that regularly trades with you. Would be interesting, but its not vital or necessary.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Felixg

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #513 on: February 14, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
There will be IFF in the same way as VB6, with transponders. Minefields already know friend from foe.

Be really evil, have it populate the lists as if it is one of their task groups filled with their ships.

Offline Britich

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2017, 04:37:58 AM »
The Piracy angle would be nice, a civilian freighter goes off the reservation and starts stealing goods instead of trading them and taking them to a secret colony that you can land troops on and kill everyone/capture pows.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »
Pirates would be an amazing addition.  On real star games my navy doesn't have a whole lot to do because of the scarcity of NPR's.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #516 on: February 15, 2017, 01:30:27 PM »
Pirates would be an amazing addition.  On real star games my navy doesn't have a whole lot to do because of the scarcity of NPR's.
Have you tried raising few percentages (difficulty / NPR spawn rate) or checking some other stuff (NPRs can find interesting things too and other FUN stuff) at the initial screen?

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #517 on: February 15, 2017, 10:33:30 PM »
you can also manually add nprs, either automatically generated or by placing one on an appropriate world.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2017, 02:55:17 PM »
I meant to say for the early game.   With real stars on it can be 50+ star systems explored before I find a life-bearing world, and decades before my navy can take on spoilers. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:38:55 PM by Desdinova »

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »
Is there any chance to see Aurora in different languages? I think there are a lot of Aurora fans that can translate the text to their language (I personally can translate into russian).   So will Aurora C# support localization?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:07:46 PM by tapk »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2017, 02:30:18 AM »

Steve, will you be able to activate the Search sensors separately from the fire control? Because if I only have search sensors on that is not threatening, however if I activate my fire control it indicates to an NPR that I am pissed off and bad things are going to happen!
IanD

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:23 AM »
A way to tell another vessel to GTFO of my system would be useful, locking a firing control on it could work I guess..

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #522 on: March 02, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »
I'll setup sensors and fire controls so they can be activated independently. I agree that locking fire control should be a hostile(ish) act, although that means I would have to add events for ships being targeted by fire control as well. Perhaps NPRs could also use that as a "Please leave" message, without actually opening fire.

The following users thanked this post: Titanian

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #523 on: March 02, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »
Precursors currently fill the role of pirates. It would be tricky to set up the economics necessary for believable pirates, but I could add other races that function with a 'raiding' mentality.

The following users thanked this post: Gyrfalcon, 83athom

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #524 on: March 02, 2017, 12:50:39 PM »
Precursors currently fill the role of pirates. It would be tricky to set up the economics necessary for believable pirates, but I could add other races that function with a 'raiding' mentality.

Maybe the chance for precursor shipyards that slowly produce precursor ships?

Ideally, though I know it would be a big change/not fit how the game currently handles things, it would be a chance that a system that generates with precursors automatically generates a jump point connection to a system that then spawns a shipyard, so you could go in and clear out the precursors but a year or two later have more show up if you didn't keep surveying. It would also encourage spreading your fleet around instead of keeping it in one big blob.