Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Questions  (Read 186034 times)

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Questions
« Reply #870 on: April 14, 2020, 12:22:16 PM »
How are Fleet organization rank requirements calculated? I noticed that my fleet rank requirement keeps going up and I tried to promote couple persons to be able to fill the roles but then the rank requirement for the fleet organization just kept going up

Every Command require a commander that is a higher level then every commander in every command/ship under it

Edit: What might be throwing you is that the fleet org window doesn't update all the time. So click refresh after you've done some changes
Edit2: Ships have their own rules. Some stuff adds to the needed rank. Like weapons adds +1, Flag Bridge adds +2
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:26:48 PM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: Doren

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #871 on: April 14, 2020, 01:36:57 PM »
Thank you so much. Turns out one of the people I was promoting was on a ship which then pushed the requirement up the chain much to my disbelief

Offline Awazruk

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #872 on: April 14, 2020, 01:47:01 PM »
After giving a brief look into Steve's AAR's I've noticed that he puts passive and active sensors on commercial ships ,so my question is what classifies a sensor either passive or active as a commercial variant?

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #873 on: April 14, 2020, 01:49:26 PM »
After giving a brief look into Steve's AAR's I've noticed that he puts passive and active sensors on commercial ships ,so my question is what classifies a sensor either passive or active as a commercial variant?
If I remember right it's just the size, and I think the size is 1 but you would have to test it to figure it out.

The following users thanked this post: Awazruk

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #874 on: April 14, 2020, 04:57:49 PM »
If I remember right it's just the size, and I think the size is 1 but you would have to test it to figure it out.

Correct.  Size (not strength) one or smaller (a.k.a. 50 tons or smaller) are civilian systems.

Offline Jovus

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #875 on: April 15, 2020, 08:59:49 AM »
Steve, do you happen to know what font you're using? We're trying to find a look-alike for Linux support. Thanks!

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #876 on: April 15, 2020, 09:06:48 AM »
How do you vary speed of a fleet? "Set speed" doesn't seem to be working for me but im using an old DB so wanted to ask if someone else is having problems.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #877 on: April 15, 2020, 09:11:06 AM »
How do you vary speed of a fleet? "Set speed" doesn't seem to be working for me but im using an old DB so wanted to ask if someone else is having problems.

It should work I believe, but there's also a keep max speed checkbox. Make sure that's deselected
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #878 on: April 15, 2020, 11:42:14 AM »
A couple questions on ground combat.

-Should FFD be avoid combat?

-Do logistics units benefit from capabilities (Low gravity, boarding, Extreme Pressure, Extreme Temperature, etc)

-Does extreme pressure and temperature work in both vacuum and Venusian atmospheres? Does it have any effect in ship boarding with different species tolerances?

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #879 on: April 15, 2020, 11:58:07 AM »
FFD should always avoid combat so that it survives as it's only purpose is to paint targets for your orbital bombardment ships and your planetary atmospheric fights.

Supply units also should not fight so capabilities are wasted on them.

That I don't actually know. Steve never explained in detail what they mean.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #880 on: April 15, 2020, 12:15:23 PM »
A couple questions on ground combat.

-Should FFD be avoid combat?

Do you mean automatically?  No, you have to set them to do so.  Do you mean "Is it a good idea?"  Yes.

-Do logistics units benefit from capabilities (Low gravity, boarding, Extreme Pressure, Extreme Temperature, etc)

Only in combat.  It is not required to have Low-Grav training to send a unit to a low-grav body.

Since you probably care almost zero about the combat ability of supply units (they can't shoot, only get hit) and the benefit they receive is very small, it's almost certainly an extravagant waste of money & minerals.

-Does extreme pressure and temperature work in both vacuum and Venusian atmospheres? Does it have any effect in ship boarding with different species tolerances?

It works outside of environments the race in question finds 'Habitable' -- both high and low.

The following users thanked this post: Doren

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #881 on: April 15, 2020, 12:17:26 PM »

Boarding Combat capability is required to conduct boarding operations at all.

All other capabilities double the unit's hit chance in the appropriate environment.

If multiple apply (such a Jungle and Mountain training in Jungle Mountains) then the hit chance is doubled twice.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #882 on: April 15, 2020, 08:13:35 PM »
Boarding Combat capability is required to conduct boarding operations at all.

IIRC from the 1.00 changes, its not that they need it for boarding - the chance to make it to the enemy ship is dependent on the speed ratio between the assailant and the defender, boarding. If the attacker is 10x as fast as the defender every soldier will reach their ship and start breaching, if they are boarding capable it only needs to be 5x as fast as the defender.

Basically boarding capability does not determine the ability to attempt boarding - it doubles how many actually make it to their target.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #883 on: April 15, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »
You're both wrong or rather you forgot one little update from Steve.

The only thing you NEED is a shuttle with:
Troop Capacity 300 tons     Boarding Capable

That is different from Drop Capable which is used for planetary hostile landings.

What HELPS is using infantry that is Boarding Capable as that doubles your chances of successfully landing on the target ship. What also HELPS is that your boarding shuttle is much faster than the target ship. If you are 10x times faster, it's an automatic success and Boarding Capable infantry halves that to a mere 5x speed.

So C# changed the 20x velocity to 10x velocity and the new GU ability halves even that - but the only thing you absolutely need is a shuttle/ship with the Boarding Capable module.

Offline Kof

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #884 on: April 17, 2020, 05:31:14 AM »
Hi guys, i'm trying to figure out how to get a ship to unload a certain amount of fuel to a colony or load a fixed amount.  I wanted to set up a small tanker running between my harvesters and earth however the old unload to 10% option doesn't appear to be there for tankers.

is my only option to tell it to unload to colony then click hourly ticks checking after each till its around 10% then cancelling the order?

hope your all having fun :)

Double check that you ticked the box to mark the design as a Tanker.  If so, it should have the "Unload 90% Fuel at Colony" order.

I am experiencing the same issue. It is a tanker and I don't get this option. Have you actually used this in the C# version? Just wondering if this is a bug, or if I'm being dense. Thanks.