Author Topic: NPR spawn tech level  (Read 1783 times)

Offline itamember (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • i
NPR spawn tech level
« on: January 26, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »
What determines the tech level of an NPR that spawns when I explore their system for the first time? Is it based on my tech level? Also, will they start with ships when they spawn the first time?

Offline Execrated1

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: NPR spawn tech level
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
I believe its based on your tech level, with a certain amount of variance to be more or less advanced. A related question that I have: If I meet a conventional tech alien, can I "groom" him into a TN ally? Such as by trading tech and giving him ships?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »
I believe its based on your tech level, with a certain amount of variance to be more or less advanced. A related question that I have: If I meet a conventional tech alien, can I "groom" him into a TN ally? Such as by trading tech and giving him ships?

You can not uplift a conventional tech alien, they are really just there for the ground forces and practicing planetary invasion.

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »
You can not uplift a conventional tech alien, they are really just there for the ground forces and practicing planetary invasion.

What are you talking about?  Invading a non-spacefaring race would be a violation of the prime directive!  :o

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:48:26 AM »
The Federation was founded in 2161, so we got plenty of time to invade and conquer alien races. :)
By the way, is there any way to force other civilization into submission other than conquering it?. I mean can they join you in a federation? :)
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
The Federation was founded in 2161, so we got plenty of time to invade and conquer alien races. :)
By the way, is there any way to force other civilization into submission other than conquering it?. I mean can they join you in a federation? :)

You can form an alliance that includes military cooperation and tech-sharing but as things stand now you can't absorb them peacefully.

Steve

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 01:43:30 AM »
Ok, thanks. :)
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?