Author Topic: Starting a new game however some of the 1.12 changes are juicy  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Froggiest1982 (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
I am starting a new game, mostly to test a new displacement rule and setup, but I am really really tempted of waiting 1.12, firstly because I would like to keep working on my ribbon set which keep expanding but mostly because looking at the change log there are really only few things I would like to implement until I think we almost reached perfection.

Changes

Spacemaster can change flags, hull icons and race image for AI races on the Diplomacy window.
This is massive form me, I do Role Play a lot and fight Brazilian Aliens as much as it is fascinating it bothers me all times.

Added button to Economics window to allow a change of capital population.
Same as before. Role Play boost +1

Parasites are included on the Transported Items tabs for Fleets and Ships on the Naval Organization window.
Added recently, along with the new fleet rename mechanic for parasites it makes finally worth to use Carriers without too much headache.

Fixes

Fixed AI estimate of hostile point defence strength (AI was firing in some situations when it was futile)
Knowing our opponents are behaving better in general is always good news

Fixed 'unload max items' bug for installations and minerals.
This was really needed

New

New 'Load All Minerals Until Full' Move Order
This is so massive, you can finally set proper chains along with the fix on the max items bug.

Deployment Exceeded Condition
New Conditional Order: Refuel, Resupply and Overhaul
These together are a masterpiece. One can finally leave the basic exploration and survey operations to the AI focusing only on the important systems. My arm is also very happy, I just literally saved 1 million clicks on my the next Aurora campaign.

Repeat Orders X Times
Another missing feature from the VB6 release, really needed. Now we wait the return of formations. Well at least one could hope...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:11:10 PM by froggiest1982 »

The following users thanked this post: Cinnius, skoormit, Gabrote42

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
Re: Starting a new game however some of the 1.12 changes are juicy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 08:57:11 AM »
I am waiting also for the 1.12, 1.11 is super atm, but the shipyard bug (which seems Steve fixed now) totally ruined my last long campaign, so...

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 11:31:43 AM »
Yeah, the mineral load order, deployment contingency and proper repeat have had me shelve my in-progress game to wait for 1.12. A bunch of the little fixes are nice, but those are gamechanging for the way I tend to play.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 02:52:32 PM »
I have mixed feelings.
On the one hand, I am really excited, like you, about a lot of these changes.
On the other hand, my 1.11 game has become very interesting. I will be a little hesitant to abandon it.

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 03:21:44 PM »
I have mixed feelings.
On the other hand, my 1.11 game has become very interesting. I will be a little hesitant to abandon it.

That's exactly what I fear, I may start a new game which if it becomes interesting could keep me busy for weeks.

As things stay atm only the fix for the mines would really really force me to wait. But I don't think this is happening anytine soon so...

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 05:17:33 PM »
I have mixed feelings.

Nothing stopping you to do both...  ;)

Start a new campaign in 1.12 and continue the one you have... you will soon figure out which you rather play and concentrate on that.

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 12:20:29 AM »
I look forward to finally use this https://flag-designer.appspot.com/

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 02:30:58 AM »
That is a pretty cool tool... . You should add that as a link in the C# Utilities!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 08:36:07 AM »
That is a pretty cool tool... . You should add that as a link in the C# Utilities!

Just checked it out - looks very good.

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »

Done, however I am not the original author of the app. I have added credits to him.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 10:13:52 PM »
In the same boat, watching patiently for the release of the next version before my next game.

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 12:07:37 AM »
I was reluctant to start any new campaigns since 1.0, because of the amount of bugs. But I'm definitely going to start playing my new campaign with 1.12. I played a bit with 1.11 to test the waters, and it seems much better than 1.0, but the issues fixed for 1.12 seem like it's worth waiting. Not gonna do an AAR for now though, because time is scarce.

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 02:36:20 AM »
I was reluctant to start any new campaigns since 1.0, because of the amount of bugs. But I'm definitely going to start playing my new campaign with 1.12. I played a bit with 1.11 to test the waters, and it seems much better than 1.0, but the issues fixed for 1.12 seem like it's worth waiting. Not gonna do an AAR for now though, because time is scarce.

You have been missing out though, 1.9.5 was alreasy good and had some serious game for first time there. I am at my 5th game with 1.11 and not only I dont reckon being stopped/annoyed by any bug (except the shipyard one) but I also had 2 of my most epic campaigns since I started playing Aurora 10 years ago. Highly recommended.

Just so you know at the end I did start a new campaign with a new setup to stress the logistic as it is to then play the exact same one and see how better the new changes are on that front. You can see it on the what's going on with your empire C# edition discussipon. Should be easy it's one of the latest post.

The following users thanked this post: L0ckAndL0ad, Gabrote42

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »
You have been missing out though, 1.9.5 was alreasy good and had some serious game for first time there. I am at my 5th game with 1.11 and not only I dont reckon being stopped/annoyed by any bug (except the shipyard one) but I also had 2 of my most epic campaigns since I started playing Aurora 10 years ago. Highly recommended.

Just so you know at the end I did start a new campaign with a new setup to stress the logistic as it is to then play the exact same one and see how better the new changes are on that front. You can see it on the what's going on with your empire C# edition discussipon. Should be easy it's one of the latest post.
Yeah, I read it, thanks. My current playthrough is also special/experimental. I toned down research speed for both my empire and NPR difficulty to 25%, and I think it makes me appreciate the flow of research points much more, including any possible anomalies/ruins/wrecks. In my VB6 campaigns I never bothered with building labs at remote locations where the anomalies are because my own research ability was great enough and NPRs were less tech savvy. C# Aurora seems better in that regard and toning down research speed helps.

I still play a bit here and there, because I'm seriously addicted to Aurora 4X, but knowing about serious bugs like the shipyards one is a killer to long term planning, which is what campaigning is all about. So I keep to model design testing and other forms of experimentation for now.