Author Topic: Industry building to fast  (Read 1413 times)

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
Industry building to fast
« on: August 16, 2020, 02:43:14 AM »
Hello, is it possible to make the industri build slower?

Offline Dawa1147

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
Re: Industry building to fast
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 04:26:50 AM »
Hello, is it possible to make the industri build slower?

Not quite sure what you mean, but here are some ideas:

If you are talking about Construction Factories building stuff (Economics->Industry), you can give them a lower Percentage (next to number of items). So if you want to build half as fast, set the percentage to 50% (If the projekt is already started, select the project, set the percentage, and then hit "modify"

If you are talking about how fast in general things are build, you can set your Races "Factory Production Modifier" to a lower number. This will reduce all construction galaxy wide (Instead of producing say 12 "work" per factory, a modifier of 0.33 would make each factory make 4 "work". If you have 500 factories, that changes it from 12*500=6000 "work" to 4*500=2000 "work")
To do this, enter SM mode (Spacemaster Mode), then open your Race information window, and look at the left column.)

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 05:39:58 AM »
if it's 1,000 times too fast, set your system decimal seperator to a dot instead of a comma. If it's just regular too fast, start the game with a default-ish population size instead of 8b or something. If it's still too fast, change your race modifier. You'll probably have to dig in the DB if you want to make the AI play by the same rules as you then.

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 07:05:08 AM »
I am sorry, bad information from me here, i mean how fast generaly things are built, ok so if i change the modifer NPR would also have the same speed, thanks for answer!

Offline Dawa1147

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 07:20:00 AM »
I am sorry, bad information from me here, i mean how fast generaly things are built, ok so if i change the modifer NPR would also have the same speed, thanks for answer!

Not quite, each Race has a "unique" construction modifier (among other things, like gravity tolerance etc). Each NPR is its own race. I do seem to remember that when you start a new game you set the norm and the difficulty.
Difficulty: 100% means the NPR will have the normal diffuculty (how fast they do stuff, how much they have), lower means slower NPR.
Norm: This one Im not 100% certain, but when you start a new game, things like your starting population, and research/industry/... modifiers are taken into acount. When a new NPR is generated and Aurora thinks they should have a higher than normal industrial modifier, it bases some of that higher modifier against you race (eg If you have 30% of normal ind. mod., and Aurora decides the new race should be higher than normal, there might be a chance that the new race gets 80% ind. mod., wich is lower than the "true normal" of 100%, but higher than your race. Keep in mind that IF it works this way, it wont always take your normal in to account, eg give the new race >100% ind. mod.)