Author Topic: Required rank for formations stuck on Brigadier General at 20k+ size  (Read 689 times)

dustrail

For some reason, any formations with a size bigger than 20k will always have Brigadier General as the required rank, even up to 5m+.  I'm using the Terran Federation rank theme.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
The ranks assigned by the system are vary rarely convenient for the ranks of your available officers. You can change the rank of the commander of a formation on the Formation builder screen, but have to do that before you build the formation

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
As Andrew says, the default rank assignment is completely useless, I for one never adhere to it.

To change required rank for a formation template: Ground Forces window --> Formation Templates tab --> select formation in the window at right --> "Change Rank" button at bottom-right.

To change required rank for an existing formation: Ground Forces window --> Order of Battle tab --> select formation in the tree window at left --> "Change Rank" button at bottom of window, second from right in that row (this one is maybe not as obvious to find).

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore

To change required rank for an existing formation: Ground Forces window --> Order of Battle tab --> select formation in the tree window at left --> "Change Rank" button at bottom of window, second from right in that row (this one is maybe not as obvious to find).
I had spent some time not finding that in the past,to the point of jsut deleting the formations and instant building them with the new rank