Author Topic: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 50720 times)

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »
Not entirely sure if this is a bug.

In a new game from a conventional start, and I have not yet started to conduct geosurveys. One of the civilian lines builds a fuel harvester which then heads off to an apparent deposit on unsurveyed Saturn. I was under the impression that minerals on a body were only generated when the body was surveyed, has that now changed? Will it be consuming minerals from a dpeosit that will be revealed when surveyed or is it pulling them out of the ether?
When a system is created the minerals are allocated.  If you create a system without surveying it then click on a planet, better yet, a comet and open up the specify minerals you can see what minerals are present (must be in sm mode, comets because they always have minerals so you are not hunting for one with a mineral on it.)

Brian

wilddog5

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 02:26:42 AM »
when you pause a research project the labs are considered inactive and you are spamed this message in the event log.

( ??? the crap out of me as i couldn't figure out how i could have 39 inactive labs as they where all allocated)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 03:08:19 AM »
Error 5 in Use fuel
invalid argument or procedure call

Tractoring shipyards between earth and luna causes this. No fuel is being used to tug the shipyards over. massive orbital habs don't have this problem.

here is the tug in question:

Code: [Select]
Bayern II class Tug 40000 tons     370 Crew     1454 BP      TCS 800  TH 2800  EM 0
3500 km/s     Armour 1-104     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 23 MSP
Spare Berths 4    Tractor Beam     

Commercial 200 EP Nuclear Pulse Engine (14)    Power 200    Fuel Use 5.3%    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 3,000,000 Litres    Range 254.7 billion km   (842 days at full power)

This ship is classed as a commercial vessel for maintenance purposes

Also a much older one, the armour selection for magazine designs appears to have no effect, the best armour is always used.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:10:43 AM by Nathan_ »

Offline chuckles73

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »
When a system is created the minerals are allocated.  If you create a system without surveying it then click on a planet, better yet, a comet and open up the specify minerals you can see what minerals are present (must be in sm mode, comets because they always have minerals so you are not hunting for one with a mineral on it.)

To expand on this: Normal minerals are generated on system start, they can be geosurvey'd to let you know about them. Sending in teams to survey bodies can create "new" minerals (or change accessibility).

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »
I don't know if it's a bug or it's intended, but I have discovered a 125 EM population on a gas giant.

Edit:
After I surveyed the gas giant it turned out, that it has various sorts of minerals that gas giants shoud not have.

Edit2: Nevermind, I've blowed the place into oblivion with my battlefleet and SM-ed everything back to normal + added a new empire to that habitable planet.  :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:17:34 AM by Icecoon »
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »
Error 5 in Use fuel
invalid argument or procedure call

Tractoring shipyards between earth and luna causes this. No fuel is being used to tug the shipyards over. massive orbital habs don't have this problem.

Yes, there is a bug with any tractored shipyard. Fixed for next version.

Steve

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
Error 3021 in check crew morale, after capturing swarm workers. in hindsight I shouldn't have done that :)

Update: abandoning ship creates 0 survivor lifepods, that otherwise have no issues. Ground units are considered to be the two ships cargo, not its new crew. also loading them into carriers didn't help. I'll try capturing a ship that should actually have all the stuff that normal ships have to see if there are any issues there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:08:46 AM by Nathan_ »

Offline Shooer

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:17 PM »
I am also getting the F9 system error 381/error 11.  (divide by zero)

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 01:33:53 AM »
I found a bug regarding naming of detected alien ships - I was doing a simulated fight between two human cultures starting on Earth, and I noticed that after the first ship detected, all other ships were given their proper class name, despite the two cultures not having established communication.

Offline PTTG

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »
I am also getting the F9 system error 381/error 11.  (divide by zero)

That's odd, I get error 7, out of memory.

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 02:21:15 AM »
Oh, another bug report - I haven't tested with a regular ship, but when a carrier with fighters landed was struck with enough damage to destroy an engine, it was removed from its taskforce - nothing odd in that. Except it was then removed from it's own task force when another engine went. And another, and another... until there were six copies of the taskforce, one for each destroyed engine.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:41:19 AM by Gyrfalcon »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 04:03:20 AM »
In SM mode with reduced height windows on every thing in the Diplomacy/Intelligence screen below the Spacemaster Options title is cut off and inaccessible. It’s fine in full size windows.
Ian
IanD

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »
Diplomatic teams still try to make progress with alien race even thought I have put the diplomatic team out of assignment and disbanded the team.

Offline TheBeardyMan

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »
In both 6. 00 and 6. 10, the Genome Sequence: Base Gravity tech series appears to be severed from the tech tree, never becoming available for research.

Offline Silfir

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »
In 6. 10 at least, I was able to retroactively increase the fuel storage of my already built Freighter class ship by hitting New Armour in the Class Design window - which reactivates the Unlock option, allowing me to add more components, which then got added in-flight at no additional cost.  Increased storage size from 100,000 to 300,000, if I remember right.  (The extra storage space came empty, of course, so the damn thing remained stuck in space. )