Author Topic: Adding disasters  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Adding disasters
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:05:38 AM »
I know we can make a couple of disaster scenarios for the starting system but is there a way to SM add a disaster for systems we discover? So can I edit stars to make them start to increase/decrease their output over time etc?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Adding disasters
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:56 AM »
The only way I know of of doing it is setting it before you start the game (on the "menu" screen and pressing save) and it affects all stars. I do not know if you can do it separately per star.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:17:11 AM »
I think it only affects Sol, but you can modify the atmospheres of any relevant bodies to include more greenhouse gases or anti-greenhouse gases, so that the temperature changes.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 09:37:31 AM »
I also believe that disasters only effect the home system, with the intent to offer some late game excitement. Since an inevitable disaster that shake the foundation of your empire, can make for a nice change of pace and RP opportunities.

Can anyone provide\find confirmation, or info on the process? also does the heating only render the planets in hospitable or will it eventually go boom?