Author Topic: Ship and Fleet Transfer  (Read 1842 times)

Offline SteveAlt (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Ship and Fleet Transfer
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »
I have finally been able to get back to playing some Aurora today, although I still haven't gone through all the outstanding posts. However I have added a couple of new functions for v3.2. You can now transfer ships from one empire to another using a small section on the Miscellaneous tab of the ship window. You select the ship, select the alien empire (which must be one you know about) and press Transfer. You have the option to transfer a commander along with his ship. This is similar to selling a ship on the market window so a new fleet and a new class (if required) are created for the alien empire.

A similar function has been added to the Additional Information tab of the Fleet window, except you transfer the whole fleet instead of just one ship. These new functions will be useful for transfering forces to an ally rather then selling them or in a role-play type situation where a ship may surrender to an enemy. At some point I guess I should add some rules for ships automatically surrendering in the same way as populations.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »
Srry..but i think r more "function" more handly and friendly and interesting...tramsfert ships from an empire to another..i think r very unuseful and probably use only pass 200years'game..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by waresky »

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Ship and Fleet Transfer
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »
Just so I can stop going nuts trying to figure out if I remember this or not - is there a way in 3.1 to transfer ships/designs between two governments?

Kurt

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 08:48:20 AM »
Quote from: "Kurt"
Just so I can stop going nuts trying to figure out if I remember this or not - is there a way in 3.1 to transfer ships/designs between two governments?

There are three options in v3.2 but I can't remember when I added them. At least one should be in v3.1

You can transfer a fleet to another power, which moves the ships and copies the classes. Its hidden away on the bottom left of the Additional Information tab of the Fleet window :)

You can also transfer a single ship using the Transfer Ship to Alien Empire option on the Misc tab which also sets up the appropriate class

Finally, you can sell the ship using the Market window.

Steve

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Kurt"

There are three options in v3.2 but I can't remember when I added them. At least one should be in v3.1

You can transfer a fleet to another power, which moves the ships and copies the classes. Its hidden away on the bottom left of the Additional Information tab of the Fleet window :)

You can also transfer a single ship using the Transfer Ship to Alien Empire option on the Misc tab which also sets up the appropriate class

Finally, you can sell the ship using the Market window.

Steve

Numbers one and two appear to be 3.2 only.  Unfortunately, I am getting a weird bug on the market window.  Clicking on the "ships" selection brings up the background technology available for trade.  Clicking on "background technology" brings up missiles available for trade.  Clicking on "missiles" brings up missiles again.  

Kurt