Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 43673 times)

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
Perhaps not a direct bug, but it would be nice if you could add a random anomaly to a body just like you can with ruins (in SM mode F9 System Generation and Display). There is even a empty space right next to the "Random Ruin" button!

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 10:01:01 PM »
The promotion to Demon thing has additional oddities:

Code: [Select]
1st January 2050: Assigned to Fighter Ops - Fleet Headquarters
1st January 2050: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander
13th November 2067: Promoted to Civilian Administrator
Mind you, my in game date is merely 2054.

Another issue I am having is that I started with JUST 2 scientists. I do realize that it is random, but shouldn't there be a minimum number for scientists? I am really struggling to research things!
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:35 PM »
Seemingly without reason I received the following error message:

"Error in DesignLaser

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field
No current record.
Please report to http.//aurora 2.pentarch. org/ index. php/board,11.0.html"

I am just over 25 years into a game. I have generated an NPR via the Add NPR command, but that was over 10 years ago in game.

The error repeatedly comes up when closed. Frantic clicking has resulted in different error messages, including:

"Error in AutomatedDesign

Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'.
Please report to..."

and:

"Error in AutomatedDesign

Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero
Please report to..."

The flood of errors eventually subsides, allowing me to return to play after several cycles of these latter two messages taking turns popping up. Prior to this error message two-step there may have been other messages mixed in with the initial burst of DAO.Field messages that I was spam-clicking to close out. I didn't notice the messages changed until I had hit the DAO.Recordset one.

EDIT: I restored from a backup I had, on the off chance that my database would have lasting errors in it. At roughly the same time in game I got the same cascade of errors, and this time I paid better attention. In addition to the DesignLaser message I got:

A bunch of DesignTurret errors
An Error in CreateTurret
"Error 3315 was generated by DAO.Recordset, Field 'TechSystem.Name' cannot be a zero-length string. Please report to..."
Another CreateTurret error referencing the 'ShipDesignComponents.name' but otherwise identical to the TechSystem.Name error
"Error in CreateTurret, Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset, You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'. Please report to..."
More Error 11 Division by zero errors, each followed by AutomatedDesign 3201 errors, as before
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:22:35 AM by Prince of Space »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 10:39:50 PM »
Cancelling out of an instant research of a component system still puts that system in the research list. I've only tested this with microwaves, plasma Carronades, reactors, and ship engines, but in all these cases canceling instant doesn't properly disregard racial component tech creation.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 04:14:21 AM »
Am I the only one that is still getting errors with missile bases for conventional starts? (Life support failures and errors making it impossible to advance time until they are deleted).

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »
Okay, this is a strange one...

I've been setting up fighter squadrons as per normal. However, among my fighters was listed:

Now, the Leif Ericsson isn't a fighter... not even close:
Code: [Select]
JCS Columbus class Construction Ship    92,900 tons     350 Crew     1826 BP      TCS 1858  TH 2880  EM 0
1550 km/s     Armour 1-182     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 12    Max Repair 27 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 0   
Jump Gate Construction Ship: 180 days

180 EP Commercial Ion Drive (16)    Power 180    Fuel Use 1.97%    Signature 180    Exp 3%
Fuel Capacity 750,000 Litres    Range 73.8 billion km   (550 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

It's also busy building a jump gate at the moment, so I can't determine whether it can actually dock at my PDC fighter base (Capacity: 5000 tons). I am assuming it will not allow it, but who knows?
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline Captain Sloth

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »
While playing a single player start, conventional, no - missile base, I noticed an oddity.  Sometimes, not always, I get the Event message: A civilian mining colony has been established on X.  The problem is while the comet is made a colony there are no mines on it, nor any mass driver.  Note that in one example, at the same interval, I got the expansion of an early existing civil mine elsewhere, and it worked fine.  In one game, several times the non-event Event occurred.  Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?  I used a  overwrite of 6. 30 beta over a clean install of 6. 21. 

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »
While playing a single player start, conventional, no - missile base, I noticed an oddity.  Sometimes, not always, I get the Event message: A civilian mining colony has been established on X.  The problem is while the comet is made a colony there are no mines on it, nor any mass driver.  Note that in one example, at the same interval, I got the expansion of an early existing civil mine elsewhere, and it worked fine.  In one game, several times the non-event Event occurred.  Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?  I used a  overwrite of 6. 30 beta over a clean install of 6. 21. 

The mines / mass driver only show up if you choose to buy minerals from the CMC.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 05:59:15 AM »
Fixed a bug where industrial projects from a different game are being displayed

Steve

Offline Anamori

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »
 I found two bugs quasi-related to Ruins.   

First: There is possibility to get negative quantity of components and then you can disassemble them infinitely. 

I ordered my little cargo taskforce to get some components from planet with ruins to my research hub.   They have too low cargo space to do that.   After auto-clean of order list they was ordered to move to research hub anyway and drop it.   One of components have quantity of 0(showed, but that was 0.  6) and when I ordered disassemble that goes negative still giving research boost.   

-Attachment nr 1

The scrap order worked for it, removing it from game and adding negative value of minerals&weath. 

-Attachment nr 3

Second: Advanced Lasers focal size formula is wrong. 

The tech 10cm focal of Advanced Lasers create 4cm component.   12cm give output of 5cm.   And 15cm -> 8cm.   I didn't yet research and check next ones.   But that should use that same formula anyway, right?

-Attachment nr 2

EDIT:
 20cm -> 12cm
 Additionaly there is no difference between 20cm(12cm) AL and normal 12cm laser. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:28:16 PM by Anamori »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
Am I the only one that is still getting errors with missile bases for conventional starts? (Life support failures and errors making it impossible to advance time until they are deleted).

Is this for v6.30, not v6.20?

Steve

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
Yes, missile bases for conventional start are still bugged. I did a clean re-install and no go.

Also, when a TG is unable to perform its default order, the game displays a null error in addition to the normal log message. The error does not disappear after you remove the default order from the TG until a construction cycle has passed, at which point it vanished.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »
Fuel consumption for missile engines seem to be off by one decimal in engine size.

In version 6.20:      1.0 MSP = x3.00 Fuel Consumption
In version 6.30:      0.1 MSP = x3.00 Fuel Consumption

Fairly sure this is not intended but a bug coming from adding one extra decimal.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »
Fuel consumption for missile engines seem to be off by one decimal in engine size.

In version 6.20:      1.0 MSP = x3.00 Fuel Consumption
In version 6.30:      0.1 MSP = x3.00 Fuel Consumption

Fairly sure this is not intended but a bug coming from adding one extra decimal.

Fixed for v6.40. It's a display error and doesn't affect actual missile engine fuel consumption

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 06:04:56 PM »
Yes, missile bases for conventional start are still bugged. I did a clean re-install and no go.

Fixed for v6.40. The missiles bases had no crew quarters so I've sorted that out. Also fixed a code problem that was creating the CheckCrewMorale error

Steve