Author Topic: Ground Geo Survey  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Edbanger (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • E
Ground Geo Survey
« on: August 08, 2020, 09:04:34 AM »
In the old VB game you could create Geosurvay Teams and send them to planets to reevaluate their potential, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to do that or similar in the C# version.
Anyone have any advice?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Ground Geo Survey
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 09:10:10 AM »
You use ground forces - research geosurvey vehicles on the tech tree and then create a unit design using medium vehicles that has at least 1 geo survey component. Create a geo-survey formation and land it on the planet of interest. Once there they will automatically do the survey over time.

This is also how you do xenoarcheology, its exactly the same except you use vehicles with xenosurvey modules. Xenosurveys can sometimes take very long time.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 02:05:11 PM »
In the old VB game you could create Geosurvay Teams and send them to planets to reevaluate their potential, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to do that or similar in the C# version.
Anyone have any advice?

General advice: searching this post for a keyword often finds answers very quickly.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 02:10:56 PM »
Do note: only a FEW planets will have potential for a ground survey. Unlike in VB6 aurora, all other planets do not need ground survey.