Author Topic: fighters and jump ships  (Read 1093 times)

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
fighters and jump ships
« on: October 09, 2014, 06:45:35 AM »
Do fighters docked inside a carrier count towards the maximum number of ships a jump engine allows to jump with it?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: fighters and jump ships
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:01:55 AM »
No.

John

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:44:04 AM »
I'm starting to like the idea of drone carrier fleets with specialized role drones more and more. I just found out docked fighters gain training % while their motherships are on a training mission too. Am I correct in assuming that I'd only need to overhaul the carrier ships, but not their parasites, since they don't gain maintnance clock while docked inside?
Is this restriced to fighter size ships, or could I dock a battleship in a dreadnought that way?

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 09:32:55 AM »
You can dock whatever ship you want in a hangar provided it is big enough. Whether it is a fighter or not does not matter. Then only restriction is that Fighters can ONLY be maintained inside a hangar.

Although I usually RP that different ships have different types of hangars and they are designed to accommodate different types of ships and so can't be used to house ships they are not designed to carry. The thing with Aurora is that you are suppose to RP many things and that is why the game mechanics in many ways are relaxed so you can RP allot of different stuff. I like it that way... :)