Author Topic: Background addition  (Read 2011 times)

Offline mavikfelna (OP)

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Background addition
« on: June 03, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
If I might add some family related background to go into the history database.

2024 Starion Heavy Industries patents "Duranium Alloy Steel" using a new ore discovered in the Brazilian Near Mantle Mines. The existence of Duranium was discovered by Brazilian geologist Ivan Sérgio de Cavalcante Mello while working for Starion HI. He also lead the project to discover how to use it as a steel alloy material. His belief that this is the most durable substance ever discovered lead to his choice of Duranium for the element's name.

2069 Orion Starion becomes the youngest CEO of the Starion Foundation and it's associated companies at age 30. 10 years later Orion was elected to the Senate from the Central North America region of the Federation.

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
Re: Background addition
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:57:00 AM »
Nice so Duranium is then discovered by Ivan Sérgio de Cavalcante Mello  was that also int he year 2024?

There is a little error as we are in 2063,  so should that read 2059 as becoming ceo of Starion Foundaiton, and is that a compnay I should put into the company database?

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:41:32 AM »
New Corporate

Natalia Ushiov, CEO of Ushiov designs, is a family Russian dynasty on ship builders, although they only make shells, and include others component design. They have been around since the age of sail, providing ship designs for the once powerful traders of the Baltic seas to icebreakers of the Arctic oceans, and only recently added a space division.

Offline mavikfelna (OP)

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
For some reason I thought we were in '73. :)

As for the discovery date of Duranium, I'd go with 2023, but obviously it was kept secret until the patent was approved.

And yes, the Starion Foundation is technically a company so it should go into the database. It actually functions as a charitable organization as well as a holding company for all of the Starion family assets and corporations.