Author Topic: Genetically Modified Races  (Read 2256 times)

Offline sandman662 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Genetically Modified Races
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:31:11 AM »
Have finally advanced enough in tech to start modifying my race.  I see that the new population shows up as another colony, but it is on earth.  They are getting grumpy because of their minority status, so I stopped making more and tried to move them to a new colony.  Well, when I go to load them on my colony ships, I get an error saying "Colony Fleet #1 failed to Load Colonists Earth.  Please reschedule the orders for this fleet"

I don't see anyway to research cryogenic transport for this new species and I can't see a way to create a new transport solely for this new race.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Genetically Modified Races
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: "sandman662"
Have finally advanced enough in tech to start modifying my race.  I see that the new population shows up as another colony, but it is on earth.  They are getting grumpy because of their minority status, so I stopped making more and tried to move them to a new colony.  Well, when I go to load them on my colony ships, I get an error saying "Colony Fleet #1 failed to Load Colonists Earth.  Please reschedule the orders for this fleet"

I don't see anyway to research cryogenic transport for this new species and I can't see a way to create a new transport solely for this new race.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input.

Cryo-transport should not be species-specific - Steve didn't want to deal with the bookkeeping nightmare IIRC.

Have you checked that your colony ships aren't already full, actually have capacity, etc.?

John

Offline sandman662 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:50:26 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"

Thanks for any input.

Cryo-transport should not be species-specific - Steve didn't want to deal with the bookkeeping nightmare IIRC.

Have you checked that your colony ships aren't already full, actually have capacity, etc.?

John

Thanks for your response, John.  I checked them before posting because I _am_ bad about leaving stuff on transports all the time.  The bottom right window showed: "0x Colonists (Outlanders)"

I went to each ship and deleted its cargo and then gave the fleet an order to load "normal" colonists.  It loaded them fine, so I unloaded them and then tried to load the Outlanders and got the error message again.

Any ideas?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 04:53:07 AM »
Any ideas?
Try posting a screen shot of the F12 window with the orders tab (1st) open - that might give someone an idea.  If the pop-up (or event) is visible on the screen too that would be a double bonus.  Note that there's a way to embed screen shots directly in the post (see some of Steve's stories for an example) - don't use a 3rd party upload site.

That being said, there's a good chance that this is bugged (since it's a new feature and all....).

Also note that RL seems to have been impinging on Steve a lot lately, so don't expect a quick response....

John

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 05:31:54 AM »
Pesky Real life!

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Also note that RL seems to have been impinging on Steve a lot lately, so don't expect a quick response....
John

Shouldn´t there be a law against that?

Let´s start a petition, put that "Real Life" in its place!   :)
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline sandman662 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:57 PM »
Well, the issue seems to have resolved itself.  The only thing I can figure is, my two colony transport ships had capacity for 300k people.  When I tried loading the "outlanders", I would have reduced their number to 0 (or less).  Does the game not allow you to completely remove the population from a planet?

Thanks for your thoughts and time helping me :)

Offline RedKing

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Hmm...I'm having a similar problem. Conquered two alien worlds, one with 9 million population and one with 0.05 million. Wanted to scoop up the 50,000 colonists and transport them to "resettlement camps" on the other world, but I'm getting the same error about not being able to complete orders. I guess I could always SM the population transfer and then zero out the population on the squatter colony.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »
i found that planet needs infustructure and some population.  Ability to specifiy the amount of colonist to move maybe or place an orbital habitat in orbit ?

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »
Hmm...I'm having a similar problem. Conquered two alien worlds, one with 9 million population and one with 0.05 million. Wanted to scoop up the 50,000 colonists and transport them to "resettlement camps" on the other world, but I'm getting the same error about not being able to complete orders. I guess I could always SM the population transfer and then zero out the population on the squatter colony.
It won't let you load -more- than the available amount of colonists. however, there is a way to do it. Pain in the ass, but still...

Basically, the number it shows you is rounded. So, tell it to load 45,000 colonists. Then, tell it to load 1,000 colonists, and repeat until it gives you the error. Then tell it to load 100, and repeat until it gives you the error. The colony should then have 0 population and be listed under "other colonies" (IE. uninhabited). I don't think Aurora tracks the population into the 10's, but it might be worth telling it to load 10 just in case.

Offline Grunden

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
Once you're at that level of micromanagement, I don't really see a problem with just using 'SM Mod' to move the population and calling it a day. You can still have your colony ship make the trip if makes you feel better.  ;)

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 12:09:25 PM »
Once you're at that level of micromanagement, I don't really see a problem with just using 'SM Mod' to move the population and calling it a day. You can still have your colony ship make the trip if makes you feel better.  ;)

Absolutely agreed.  Once my empire reaches a certain size, I don't even bother ordering freighters to move a 1000 units of a mineral.  I just knock them down on the stockpile world and bump them up on the maintenance world.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »
i think as empires get bigger some form of option to specify how many civilians u want on a planet and let the civlian liners do their work is another possibliity