Author Topic: Naval Organisation & Conditional Orders  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Tikigod (OP)

• Lieutenant
Naval Organisation & Conditional Orders
« on: April 12, 2020, 02:31:27 PM »
Don't want to chalk this up to a bug quite yet in case there is some secondary behaviour I am missing to how the new naval organisation structure functions. So I want to get some thoughts on a Naval Organisation layout and if it's potentially using things in a unintended way that may be causing erroneous behaviour.

I have my naval organisation set up as followed:

So the main Admin command has a secondary admin command (led by a high survey skilled commander) I intended to organise my non-combat military ships under, and then under that 2nd Admin command I have my Sol survey fleet comprising of a single ship (I removed the rest to try pinpoint weird behaviour).

The survey fleet has standing orders set up as followed:

As expected my Survey fleet leaves the homeworld, performs Geo and Grav surveys and when fuel is low returns home to refuel. However when their maintenance supplies drop below 20% they ignore it and continue to survey until the point they exhaust all their MSPs and end up crippled and stranded.

If I give the manual order to supply at the homeworld they'll head there and resupply themselves, so the homeworld definitely seems capable of supporting them, so I am wondering is there any chance the addition of a second admin command for handling my logistical fleets is breaking certain conditional behaviour? I notice the refuel conditional that does work has a (All) designation on it where as the resupply conditionals do not, is this of any relevance at all to this weird behaviour?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 02:33:24 PM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Naval Organisation & Conditional Orders
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 06:39:23 PM »
It is not related to admin commands - my Naval OOB is exactly the game:

1. GEN Admiral
1.1 SUR VAdmiral
1.1.1 Survey Fleet
1.1.1.1 Survey Corvette Akkarin

and I had re-fueling as the primary conditional order and it worked flawlessly.

The problem must be elsewhere.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Naval Organisation & Conditional Orders
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 03:59:29 AM »
"Re-supply at <20%" and/or second conditional orders seems to be the root of the bug.