Author Topic: (v0.5.16) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer  (Read 41217 times)

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
Re: (v0.5.1) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2020, 09:37:26 AM »
You can obsolete the designs. Check attached img.

The following users thanked this post: Iceranger

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »
You can obsolete the designs. Check attached img.

I have changed the query so in the next version ship designs marked obsolete are not loaded any more. Thank you for the report.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.2) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2020, 10:08:44 PM »
v0.5.2 is released. The major new feature is new optimization mode in the missile optimizer.

* new optimization mode in missile optimizer: maximize expected damage
   * in this mode, a target speed and target PD tracking speed is needed
   * the expected is warhead strength x chance to hit x (1 - chance of PD interception)
   * in this mode, if warhead strength is entered as 0, then the optimizer will automatically choose the best warhead strength
   * by default, the automatic choice of warhead strength includes square numbers, and the damage numbers that results in a 2 wide crater on the deepest penetration (e.g. 6, 12, 20, and etc.)
   * a check box 'Try all WH' will force the optimizer to use all integer warhead strength values. this will slow down the optimization process
   * in this mode, missile ECCM is automatically added when needed, provided the target has ECM. missile ECM needs to be added manually if desired
* min engine tech selection has been added to the missile optimizer
* in the ship planner, ship designs marked as obsolete are no longer imported from DB

The following users thanked this post: S1mancoder

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2020, 05:12:13 AM »
v0.5.1 is out. It should help if you are into fitting multiple designs into the same shipyard. :)

* new feature: in ship planner, a new button 'Bridging Hull' has been added
   * select multiple designs in the available designs list using ctrl+click and shift+click
   * the tool will try to generate a design that when tooled to a shipyard, the shipyard can build all selected designs.
   * when that is not possible, it will try to generate a design that covers some of the selected designs.
   * due to the known limitations mentioned in v0.5.0 change log, there is a slight chance the generated bridging hull need some tweak in game.
* refit calculator now shows the refit cost from the current design to all other available designs, and the ones can be built from the same shipyard if the current design is tooled
   * refit cost from other classes to the current class is not displayed any more
   * this change should help designing bridging hulls
* refit costs are now shown in a table and is sortable.
* in the ship planner, a button is added to delete the currently displayed design.
* the ship planner screen now refreshes correctly when removing components from the design by double clicking in the component table
* fixed a bug when loading designs from DB, the design is not refreshed after finished loading, resulting in incorrect costs.
* fix the tooltips for the missile archive when the table is manually sorted.

I'm having a problem when trying to generate a new ship design.

Before this patch I placed the desired tonnage, speed, range, number of engines and type of engines and clicked 'Optimize', the ship planner would be filled and I could tweak the design.

Now when I click 'Optimize' nothing happens in the ship planner. I have to click 'Clear and Reload'. So this becomes cumbersome because every time I change the engine settings I lose the components I've added.

Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:14:01 AM by Cobaia »

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2020, 09:49:25 AM »
v0.5.1 is out. It should help if you are into fitting multiple designs into the same shipyard. :)

* new feature: in ship planner, a new button 'Bridging Hull' has been added
   * select multiple designs in the available designs list using ctrl+click and shift+click
   * the tool will try to generate a design that when tooled to a shipyard, the shipyard can build all selected designs.
   * when that is not possible, it will try to generate a design that covers some of the selected designs.
   * due to the known limitations mentioned in v0.5.0 change log, there is a slight chance the generated bridging hull need some tweak in game.
* refit calculator now shows the refit cost from the current design to all other available designs, and the ones can be built from the same shipyard if the current design is tooled
   * refit cost from other classes to the current class is not displayed any more
   * this change should help designing bridging hulls
* refit costs are now shown in a table and is sortable.
* in the ship planner, a button is added to delete the currently displayed design.
* the ship planner screen now refreshes correctly when removing components from the design by double clicking in the component table
* fixed a bug when loading designs from DB, the design is not refreshed after finished loading, resulting in incorrect costs.
* fix the tooltips for the missile archive when the table is manually sorted.

I'm having a problem when trying to generate a new ship design.

Before this patch I placed the desired tonnage, speed, range, number of engines and type of engines and clicked 'Optimize', the ship planner would be filled and I could tweak the design.

Now when I click 'Optimize' nothing happens in the ship planner. I have to click 'Clear and Reload'. So this becomes cumbersome because every time I change the engine settings I lose the components I've added.

Am I doing something wrong?

That... sounds like my oversight of this use case when decoupling the ship optimizer and the ship planner. I will replace 'Clear & Reload' with 'Reload' so it just replace the components designed by the ship optimizer.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 10:01:10 AM by Iceranger »

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »
Thank you. I really like the tool, and I appreciate the work you have put into this.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.3) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2020, 01:55:29 PM »
v0.5.3 is out, fixing the oversight @Cobaia reported.

* the 'Clear & Reload' button in the ship designer is replaced by a 'Reload Design' button.
   * it will read the current result from the ship optimizer, and replace the engines, fuel, armor, jump drive and cloaking device on the design according to the optimization result

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia, skoormit

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »
Hello,

If you create a design with a Jump Drive on the optimizer reload the design in the planner everything is fine, but if you remove the Jump Drive from the optimizer and reload in the planner the Jump Drive is not removed.

Don't know if is WAI since there is an work around (and losing all the components) clear and reload.

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »
I think I found another situation.

For each time you click on Import Player Ships and Components the designs are imported, check print.

Could this be an issue on my side?

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2020, 08:12:00 PM »
I think I found another situation.

For each time you click on Import Player Ships and Components the designs are imported, check print.

Could this be an issue on my side?
Hello,

If you create a design with a Jump Drive on the optimizer reload the design in the planner everything is fine, but if you remove the Jump Drive from the optimizer and reload in the planner the Jump Drive is not removed.

Don't know if is WAI since there is an work around (and losing all the components) clear and reload.

Neither is WAI, thank you for reporting :)

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.4) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2020, 07:32:19 PM »
v0.5.4, fixed the 2 bugs @Cobaia reported

* fixed an issue where the same DB file can be loaded multiple times in the ship planner, resulting in duplicated designs
   * now during the DB import, previously imported components and ships (whether they are from the same race or not) will be cleared
* fixed an issue when jump drive and cloaking device are removed in the ship optimizer, reloading the design in the ship planner does not remove the corresponding component from the ship design
   * when armor is unchecked in the ship optimizer, reloading the design will set armor layers to 0
* added missing tooltips for a few buttons

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.5) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2020, 06:09:34 PM »
v0.5.5 released.

* new feature in the ship planner: design optimal propulsion components
   * it answers the question of, 'i have this mission package, what engine should i use to make this ship go at x speed for range y?'
   * in this mode, the following components of the ship design will be auto adjusted, to satisfy the speed and range requirements.
      * engine
      * fuel
      * jump drive (if chosen to include)
      * cloaking device (if chosen to include)
      * crew quarters
      * engineering spaces
   * if successful, it will generate a ship with an optimal propulsion suite, and is large enough to accommodate the mission package.
* the 'Auto Engineering' button now works for commercial designs, where it will place exactly 1 engineering space onto the design
* the engine thermal reduction tech drop down box in the ship planner now should update correctly when switching between different ship designs
* fixed a bug when jump drive/cloaking device is not feasible in the ship optimizer, they can still be loaded into the ship planner

Offline Graymane

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2020, 07:33:42 AM »
Maybe you could move the download link to the first thing in the first post?  Pretty please?  :) :)

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2020, 10:12:57 AM »
Maybe you could move the download link to the first thing in the first post?  Pretty please?  :) :)
The attachment always appears at the end of the post. So I have to copy its link to the top of the post, and note to myself I need to update that every time there is a new release :P

Offline SevenOfCarina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »
This is a pretty amazing tool, but is there any way to reduce the window height? My screen is 1366x768, so a section of the bottom invariably gets cut off and infinite screen is kinda .... unwieldy.