Author Topic: Question about Commercial Ships  (Read 1422 times)

Offline DopplerEffect (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
Question about Commercial Ships
« on: August 03, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
I have a commercial shipping line that has three freighters in orbit around earth but all of their names say something like this:
FT Francis Mammoth 001 (Move to Earth Trade Location) 521 km/s.   All three of them say that and have for 3 months now.   What's going on?

Also, they are using a design that I am currently using to ship infrastructure to mars, so I know the ship design works.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Question about Commercial Ships
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »
They maybe do not have a suitable destination, how big is your population on Mars and what sort of commodities do they produce?

Also, just in case they are bugged, fire up SM mode and go to the shipping lines window and reset orders.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
I have a commercial shipping line that has three freighters in orbit around earth but all of their names say something like this:
FT Francis Mammoth 001 (Move to Earth Trade Location) 521 km/s.   All three of them say that and have for 3 months now.   What's going on?

Also, they are using a design that I am currently using to ship infrastructure to mars, so I know the ship design works.

If the ships have no cargo and no orders, they will move to the nearest trade location by default. So this order indicates the ships can't find any suitable trade runs.

Steve

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »
Okay, that leads me to another question then, because I civ contract up to transport teraformers to mars, supply on earth, demand on mars.   The contract is for 20, but at the moment there are only 18 on earth.   Will that prevent them from starting?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 06:20:03 PM »
Okay, that leads me to another question then, because I civ contract up to transport teraformers to mars, supply on earth, demand on mars.   The contract is for 20, but at the moment there are only 18 on earth.   Will that prevent them from starting?

No, since they will most likely only carry 1 or a fraction of 1 at a time. Of course, the contract won't be filled until the last 2 terraformers are on Earth.

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »
Okay, thanks for all the help :)