Author Topic: Race image pack - 272 pics  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Treebiter (OP)

• Petty Officer
Race image pack - 272 pics
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
Hey all

I discovered this game a few months back and haven't played anything else since, so firstly much Kudos to Steve!

That out of the way, one of the few criticisms I have is Space Pandas. :P Obviously the race folder as it stands may not be to everyone's tastes. As such I have scoured the net for what I view to be more suitable pics.

Now, I cannot stress this strongly enough, I can take the credit for none of these pics. Some are from image upload sites, some from other 4x game custom race packs and some from the darkest reaches of the interweb. All I have done is convert the files to .bmp and crop/re-size them for Aurora. There are 100 pics in this pack and if it's well received I may be tempted to make a second. This was primarily for personal use but I thought there may be others who'd be interested.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13R3M2PF

[Update 17/04]

Here's Pack 2 which contains a further 42 images.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YBOAWDQ6

[Updated: 25/04]

Here's Pack 3 which contains a whopping 130 pics.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I5OCR6BQ

Alternate location:

http://depositfiles.com/files/qmz6b28rw
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:03:25 AM by Treebiter »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Race image pack - 100 pics
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »
Quote from: "Treebiter"
Hey all

I discovered this game a few months back and haven't played anything else since, so firstly much Kudos to Steve!

That out of the way, one of the few criticisms I have is Space Pandas. :P Obviously the race folder as it stands may not be to everyone's tastes. As such I have scoured the net for what I view to be more suitable pics.

Now, I cannot stress this strongly enough, I can take the credit for none of these pics. Some are from image upload sites, some from other 4x game custom race packs and some from the darkest reaches of the interweb. All I have done is convert the files to .bmp and crop/re-size them for Aurora. There are 100 pics in this pack and if it's well received I may be tempted to make a second. This was primarily for personal use but I thought there may be others who'd be interested.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13R3M2PF

- I've never used Megaupload before so let me know if the link doesn't play nice.
Thanks for doing this. They are very good pictures and will add a lot to the RPG aspect of different species. I'll add them to the standard download when I get around to a new full install.

Steve

Offline Treebiter (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »
No problem Steve, glad you like them. Is 999 the upper-limit for images btw?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »
Yes, it is at the moment, although it wouldn't a be a lot of work to increase that

Steve

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:15 PM »
The download worked fine for me, just had to wait 45 seconds to do the download. Nice pics, some are really pretty cool. (this is where I would insert a :thumbsup smilie, if this board had one)
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline Treebiter (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Yes, it is at the moment, although it wouldn't a be a lot of work to increase that

Steve

Er... No that's alright thanks.  :P

AndonSage - Thanks and enjoy!

Offline Treebiter (OP)

• Petty Officer
Re: Race image pack - 272 pics
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 07:11:38 AM »
New update.

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 07:50:32 AM »
I'm getting stuck on the third pack at 1.96MB of 7.47MB downloaded. Tried it twice. You might want to check it.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)

Offline Treebiter (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »
I've just downloaded it successfully first time so the link seems fine. Do you use Firefox? Might be worth trying it using the DownloadThemAll! plugin. I can confirm that it works (for me) without though.

Offline Count Sessine

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 09:25:36 AM »
Excellent, thanks!

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 05:36:25 AM »
I've just downloaded it successfully first time so the link seems fine. Do you use Firefox? Might be worth trying it using the DownloadThemAll! plugin. I can confirm that it works (for me) without though.
I use Internet Explorer 8, on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I didn't have any problems with the first two files, just the third one. I just tried downloading again, and the same thing happened, although at 2.04 MB instead of 1.96 MB.

It just hangs at that point, no matter how long I let it go on. I have no idea what's causing this problem, I've never had it before.

Offline Treebiter (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 05:52:54 AM »
Firstly, I do other things than just hover on this board. It was just coincidence that I logged-on 15 minutes after your last post AndonSage... Honest!  :mrgreen:

I've uploaded the file to another site just for you (ain't I nice) so hopefully this works:

http://depositfiles.com/files/qmz6b28rw

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »
Firstly, I do other things than just hover on this board. It was just coincidence that I logged-on 15 minutes after your last post AndonSage... Honest!  :lol:

I've uploaded the file to another site just for you (ain't I nice) so hopefully this works:
That one worked fine, thanks much :)