Author Topic: Officer bonus to speed up jump gate construction?  (Read 1096 times)

Offline scvn2812 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
Officer bonus to speed up jump gate construction?
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:40:42 AM »
Do any of the officer bonuses such as to factories, logistics or operations apply to constructing jump gates? I colonized two separate binary systems, one of which requires obscene amounts of fuel to get ships to, on a whim and now I really would like it if the civilians helped out with some of the leg work of building up these misbegotten colonies. However, at this point, the civvies aren't operating any jump capable ships. Don't ever let me run an interstellar empire, I have a standing navy that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from lunar orbit, a third of my exploration fleet is stranded without enough fuel to return home because of an ill advised attempt to use some of the tanker fleet to support the exploration of a vast binary system, duranium shortages and colonies that are utterly impractical to maintain regular contact with, let alone defend, with ion drives ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:44:35 AM by scvn2812 »

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Officer bonus to speed up jump gate construction?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
A quick look at the wiki listing for commader bonuses or even a simple search of the forum would have turned up the answer. 

Factory Production Bonus
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline scvn2812 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 12:57:56 PM »
A quick look at the wiki listing for commader bonuses or even a simple search of the forum would have turned up the answer. 

Factory Production Bonus

Or rather than slogging through piles of unrelated results until I find the exact right search terms, I can just ask and hope for the best from a generally pretty friendly and helpful community.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:05:03 PM »
True,  but initiative to find common answers are also rewarded. 
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley