Author Topic: Is civilian mining colony creation chance affected by government modifiers?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline lennson (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • l
Do the government modifiers affect the creation of civilian mining colonies?

I have a game where I am playing two separate empires (different starting systems) where one has government type Meritocracy and the other is a Corporate Government both with low economy (100m, all homeworld resources 0.2 accessibility) conventional start. The Corporate empire now has 6 civilian mining colonies while the Meritocracy doesn't have any. This large of a difference seems rather unlikely if the creation of civilian colonies is controlled entirely by the mechanics given on http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Civilian_mining_complex. It seems to specify that the generation chance is entirely based on annual wealth, which is essentially the same for the two empires.

(As a side note the Corporation is on tract to completely steamroll the other empire when they eventually meet due to the compounding effect of having so much additional mining output...)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
No.

Does the 2nd Empire have a second colony yet?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline lennson (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • l
They both started colonies at a similar time. However, I think I found the explanation, the annual wealth of the Corporate empire actually is much higher. I assumed they were the same since I hadn't intentionally done anything to boost its wealth creation but as it happens their homeworld administrator developed a massive 45% wealth creation bonus. The added production power the empire gradually developed ate up the added income, which presumably started small and grew, so I didn't notice that it had risen so much   :-X. They were still lucky to develop the first civilian mining colony so much faster but the later ones are at least explainable by the boosted wealth.

The other empire has created its first civilian mining colony now but they are quite far behind at this point but maybe they can catch up if they get lucky with scientists.

I'll have to remember next time that a high wealth administrator indirectly boosts mining  :P.