Author Topic: New generated NPR races  (Read 3342 times)

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
New generated NPR races
« on: September 17, 2016, 02:12:21 AM »
Hi,

so far I have dicovered a lot of systems and found 2 NPR (Precursor, Star Swarm) .  As far as I understood these are special NPRs.

After some ingame years i've unchecked all three AI controlled races and checked the "generate new races as NPR" in the start options.

Is there a chance that I can find a NEW race, something Random generated with a custom theme etc.  ?

Offline DukeOfSorrow

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • D
Re: New generated NPR races
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 10:05:58 AM »
In the start menu there are two boxes side by side for you to set the chance of a new NPR to be generated on system generation (1 for other NPRs, one for you).   You can move the percentages up if you feel lonely!   :)

The following users thanked this post: robberer

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 10:14:49 AM »
Yes, that's what all of the NPRs are (other than the spoiler races). They'll have random names, ship designs, colonies, and will play with almost the exact same rules that you do (they'll survey systems, build ships, et cetera).

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 01:38:20 AM »
Quote from: DukeOfSorrow link=topic=9051. msg97028#msg97028 date=1474124758
In the start menu there are two boxes side by side for you to set the chance of a new NPR to be generated on system generation (1 for other NPRs, one for you).    You can move the percentages up if you feel lonely!   :)

Yes, that's what i've have configured at 100% for both, NPR and player.

I'm already allied with the "The green Martians" which i've SM added for roleplay reasons.  That's the race who discovers the galaxy for me and find new systems because we share grav data.

But since i've disabled the "spoiler" races "The green Martians" do not find other aliens anymore.  Do I have to visit the discovered systems by myself or do i have to do a complete system survey or something else ?

Thanks for your answers.

regards,
Rob

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 01:38:55 AM »
Quote from: Kytuzian link=topic=9051. msg97029#msg97029 date=1474125289
Yes, that's what all of the NPRs are (other than the spoiler races).  They'll have random names, ship designs, colonies, and will play with almost the exact same rules that you do (they'll survey systems, build ships, et cetera).

Thanks, that's good to know ;-)

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 04:04:24 AM »
I think I partially found the answer why I'm not getting any new NPR since I've disabled the three spoiler races, on a reddit post answer from SteveAurora:

https://www.  reddit.  com/r/aurora/comments/43hy1e/why_no_npr/

So, speaking of colors: "The green Martians" or me by myself have to find a system with a planet that is colored "dark blue" in the system view (F9) ?

Or in other terms: A planet with all three conditions set "yes": Gravity, Water, Atmosphere ?

regards,
Rob

EDIT:

hmm, found an almost perfect system for NPR spawn.  But just almost: Gravity=1. 18, Oxygen=0. 17, ColonyCosts=0. 71 but the surface temperature (61. 2) is 1. 2 degree celsius to high :-/
The interesting thing is, the system has an already build jumpgate but no NPR.  They must be somewhere around.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:11:00 AM by robberer »

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 10:25:26 AM »
I believe jump gates will actually sometimes randomly appear without an NPR to build them.

Offline bitbucket

• Chief Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »
I believe jump gates will actually sometimes randomly appear without an NPR to build them.

My headcanon for the occasional random jumpgate you discover was that the Precursors (the actual species, not their robots still lingering around) built their own jumpgate network hundreds of thousands of years ago, but as the stars have moved about in their disparate galactic orbits over those millennia, most of their old jumpgates have gone out of alignment and the connections have broken. Some rare few still have a tenuous link to something; either because the two stars connected in the past have similar enough galactic orbits to maintain the connection (and there's a gate back), or some other star now just happens to be close enough to the same relative position as a gate's original destination to reactivate the link (and there isn't a gate back).

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 10:04:54 AM »
Quote from: Kytuzian link=topic=9051. msg97063#msg97063 date=1474212326

Seems you're right Sir.  Discovered over 80 systems, so far, and found 3 of these abandoned Jump Gates.

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
Quote from: bitbucket link=topic=9051. msg97068#msg97068 date=1474226211
My headcanon for the occasional random jumpgate you discover was that the Precursors (the actual species, not their robots still lingering around) built their own jumpgate network hundreds of thousands of years ago, but as the stars have moved about in their disparate galactic orbits over those millennia, most of their old jumpgates have gone out of alignment and the connections have broken.  Some rare few still have a tenuous link to something; either because the two stars connected in the past have similar enough galactic orbits to maintain the connection (and there's a gate back), or some other star now just happens to be close enough to the same relative position as a gate's original destination to reactivate the link (and there isn't a gate back).

You are far more beyond/advanced of my roleplay horizon.  That was a fun reply to read (if I translated it right).  Thanks for your input ;-)

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 10:16:59 AM »
OK, Ladys and Gentlemen.  My "Green Martians" discovered two additional systems who seems to be perfect for a 100/100 NPR spawn.  BUT they didn't visited this systems yet.

Code: [Select]
HIP 74261-A  M0-V  Diameter: 835k  Mass: 0.47  Luminosity: 0.06

HIP 74261-A I:  Colony Cost: 0.00,  Temperature: -7.5,  Gravity: 1.40,  Orbit: 37m
    Nitrogen 81%, Oxygen (0.26) 19.0%,  Pressure: 1.36
Asteroid Belt: 140

Jump Points
 1) Gliese 571:    Distance: 1.79b   Bearing: 98

HD 170573-A III:  Colony Cost: 0.52,  Temperature: -26.7,  Gravity: 1.10,  Orbit: 109m
    Nitrogen 80%, Oxygen (0.2) 16.6%, Argon 3.4%,  Pressure: 1.21
    Total Moons: 1

Jump Points
 1) NN 4036:    Distance: 2.76b   Bearing: 196

Should I send my own scouts to escalate a NPR spawn or should I wait till my follow green allies enter the systems ?

(I'm so scared about how easy this game overwhelms my life, it's like I'm back in the glory gaming years of the 90's)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
Also know that you can;
A) Find abandoned JGs running around a system with active sensors on
B) Resurvey a system to find more jump points
and C) That the spawn chance only applies to planets that are mostly habitable (oxygen in atmosphere, no poisonous gasses) and that C.5) will generate a race completely suitable to the planet so things like temperature, gravity, or atmosphere pressure doesn't matter that much.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 01:52:16 AM »
C) That the spawn chance only applies to planets that are mostly habitable (oxygen in atmosphere, no poisonous gasses) and that C.5) will generate a race completely suitable to the planet so things like temperature, gravity, or atmosphere pressure doesn't matter that much.

Yeah, both systems i've found have a habitable planet. One planet has colony cost 0 which I assume is jackpot. But no NPR spawn. Just a ruined colony and an alien installation. :-( . Let the game spawn an NPR seems like trying to win the lottery.

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 07:07:55 AM »
Yeah, both systems i've found have a habitable planet. One planet has colony cost 0 which I assume is jackpot. But no NPR spawn. Just a ruined colony and an alien installation. :-( . Let the game spawn an NPR seems like trying to win the lottery.

I think that the NPR generation chance means NPR OR a ruin, so if you set it to 100%, you're guaranteed one of the two, but not guaranteed a fully fledged NPR.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 07:19:09 AM »
Like I said, the generation chance only runs with a system that has a body somewhat habitable. May I ask what your NPR Generation chance is set to?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.