Author Topic: C# Aurora Changes Discussion  (Read 445760 times)

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
Re: C# Aurora Changes Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 08:39:18 PM »
I'd also like to be able to more easily distribute minerals around my empire. For instance, if I build something but don't have the resources for it, civilian transports will automatically be contracted to pick them up from either the system, sector, or empire in that order.

I would also like to be able to create our own, empire controlled, shipping line, where we can put our own ships into and always prioritizes empire contracts. It would be a good place for us to dump old freighters and such and make planting multiple mining colonies so much easier, especially over multiple jumps.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2016, 08:44:57 PM »
I agree.  A system where mineral orders are automatically queued based off of production orders sounds really nice.  Adding empire ships to some kind of civilian shipping system also sounds extremely convenient for servicing this.  I would assume they would still need to refuel periodically but that wouldn't be too much of a hassle I would guess.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »
I do not think it should be completely automatic, if just because it would complicate things severely in the sense of "why are civilians stealing minerals from the colonies that it needs to be in?

As it is, we can already manually set civilian contracts for transportation of facilities or minerals anyway, so we already have what we need, I figure.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2016, 10:49:04 PM »
I am not sure about this last update, around infantry in the base v in the population. I think there is some benefit just having the troops there. Either way if that is the case oribital bombardment against troops in a city should do more city damage, based on that if the new attackers invade there should be some repercussion against the attackers that did the orbital bombardment.

This might be the first time I have ever said this but 'I dislike this change' as it not fully fleshed out mechanics around population response to events. I think this add more tedium with seeing the people unrest log file without meaning anything really

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2016, 04:50:39 AM »
This discussion of box launchers gave me a nice idea: wouldn't it be nice to be able to set orders to have "shoot X missiles at Y" when you don't want a full salvo in general?

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
This discussion of box launchers gave me a nice idea: wouldn't it be nice to be able to set orders to have "shoot X missiles at Y" when you don't want a full salvo in general?

Yes, definitely this.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2016, 12:13:04 AM »
I do not think it should be completely automatic, if just because it would complicate things severely in the sense of "why are civilians stealing minerals from the colonies that it needs to be in?

As it is, we can already manually set civilian contracts for transportation of facilities or minerals anyway, so we already have what we need, I figure.
Civilians can only transport facilities actually, not minerals.  They also can't transport ship parts, missiles, or fighters, though that's not as big of a problem as mineral transport.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »
Oh! I was wrong!
Then it definitely makes sense to add minerals to the list of things they can ship using current mechanics, yeah.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2016, 03:12:56 AM »
Given the somewhat cyclical nature of mineral shipments, if you could set stockpile amounts for various worlds that would be nice.

To weasel some extra functionality out of it, perhaps anywhere that brings its mineral stocks above the 'stockpile' numbers would act as a supplier until stocks drop below the specified number again.

Offline Britich

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2016, 04:34:00 AM »
With the 'Occupation Strength Update' does this mean we will see actual colonies/subjugated colonies rebelling and becoming independent? or start a form of civil war?
I know there were issues with the VB6 on this one, I am guilty of just hiding those messages and plonking one unit of REP to "keep the peace" as it were.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2016, 05:57:09 AM »
Given the somewhat cyclical nature of mineral shipments, if you could set stockpile amounts for various worlds that would be nice.

To weasel some extra functionality out of it, perhaps anywhere that brings its mineral stocks above the 'stockpile' numbers would act as a supplier until stocks drop below the specified number again.

You can already set reserve minerals levels in VB6 Aurora, so those won't be sent via mass driver and won't be picked up by freighters.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2016, 05:58:01 AM »
With the 'Occupation Strength Update' does this mean we will see actual colonies/subjugated colonies rebelling and becoming independent? or start a form of civil war?
I know there were issues with the VB6 on this one, I am guilty of just hiding those messages and plonking one unit of REP to "keep the peace" as it were.

The mechanics haven't changed from VB6 Aurora. I may add rebelling and declaring independence at some point though.

The following users thanked this post: Britich, serger

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2016, 01:42:06 AM »
That new mineral use display will be very handy, I sometimes get carried away and burn through all my Duranium with shipyard expansion, it's very helpful to see where it's all going.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: Britich

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2016, 03:57:48 AM »
I'd also like to be able to more easily distribute minerals around my empire. For instance, if I build something but don't have the resources for it, civilian transports will automatically be contracted to pick them up from either the system, sector, or empire in that order.

I would also like to be able to create our own, empire controlled, shipping line, where we can put our own ships into and always prioritizes empire contracts. It would be a good place for us to dump old freighters and such and make planting multiple mining colonies so much easier, especially over multiple jumps.

What I really would like is a Civilian economy chain that makes a bit more sense. Basically have Civilian mining outpost ship minerals which are used to produce some of the goods used to trade with, and the civilian shipping transport minerals around to civilian resource pools to try to keep a small amount of everything available everywhere (depending on demands). To facilitate some growth say 10% extra of everything you mine on populated colonies is added to the civilian markets resource pool.

This would open up so many cool options like buying/selling minerals to the civilian market (prices depending on supply and demand), or even forcefully seizing minerals or taxing them at times of war ( reducing or even reversing growth of civilian shipping and increasing unhappiness ).

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2016, 01:47:03 AM »
About the multiple officers per ship thing, I was wondering what you would base them off. A ships should probably have standard a captain and an XO, perhaps an engineering, communications and such as well, but certain positions should only become available if you have a certain component. For instance, a science "officer" should only be attached to the ship if it has a grav or geo sensor and should be grabbed from the scientist pool rather than the officers. A ship with a habitation modual should have a civilian administrator pulled from that pool. A ship with a hangar should have a CAG.

It would also be neat if you could designate a ship a flagship and have an extra slot for the admiral so you can model having a captain and an admiral on the same ship.

The following users thanked this post: palu