Author Topic: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 12363 times)

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Re: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2023, 01:44:47 PM »
When a tug is towing a large station it seems to only emit thermal signature based on the speed it is travelling (while towing its target).

E.g. I have a tug capable of 4522 km/s max speed with TH 8,750. The tug is towing a very large station at 168 km/s. When I look at Thermal column in Naval Organization - it is reported as 325. Should probably be maximum 8,750.

SJW: Fixed for v2.5.1
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 10:38:32 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Rook

Offline Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2023, 03:16:48 PM »
Allow Multiple Awards-medals:
- medal image only displays once in the commanders resume
- promotion score not added after first award

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 10:43:51 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Oafsalot

• Petty Officer
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2023, 04:44:10 PM »
Hey there.

This bug has appeared before. A Shipyard being tugged just up and changes sides to a new alien race that is a copy of the players.

Here is the DB immediately after.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e5w3lyg8ez009mqry25b3/AuroraDB-Shipyard-Bug.db?rlkey=zox2yquvk4m12ets933uwdb7w&dl=0

The following users thanked this post: Treahblade

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2023, 05:01:29 PM »
Allow Multiple Awards-medals:
- medal image only displays once in the commanders resume
- promotion score not added after first award

That first item I would not describe as a bug as that stuff could get cluttered very fast depending on the condition, the second item would definitely be a bug though.

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2023, 05:04:48 PM »
There appears to be a display only issue with Beam Fire Controls. When the "Fire Control Range" display option is active on the Tactical Map, the name of the BFC component is shown, followed by a range. In the case of the attached image it's a BFC with a 192,000 km range, but the displayed range shows as 3840000k. While it might be nice to have a BFC with a 3.84 billion km range, I doubt that's quite accurate!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 10:50:39 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2023, 07:44:10 AM »
The Misc Screen doesn't always accurately show which shipyards a ship can be built in.

Javelin II tanker can be built in the valiant - D shipyard.

https://i.imgur.com/SimbaGr.png

but doesn't show this on the Class Design screen:

https://i.imgur.com/z2Yfa3s.png

DB Attached. (Same without the UI mod).

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2023, 11:50:14 AM »
I have noticed some weirdness with orders and I am unsure if its WAI or if they are just bugs.

1. Having automated mines on earth and a colony with only automated mines does not allow the standing order to deliver automated mines to mining colony to function. You get an error that says there is no suitable destination. I noticed that the category for these colonies is named Automated mining colonies so I wonder if that is what is causing the problem?

2. This is more weirdness then a bug but the order Refuel from own tankers seams to require that you detach tankers from fleet before they work. If you have a fleet with tankers and non tanker ships and give this order it takes 0 time to complete and the other non tanker ships do not refuel. If you give the order in a sequence with detach it works. Detach Tankers -> Refuel from own Tankers.

Additional Info
===========

Windows affected are Events window and Orders screen
Trying to setup automated orders for moving Automated mines.
This is a Conventional Start
Real Stars
My decimal separator is a period
Easy to reproduce.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2023, 11:56:26 AM »
The Misc Screen doesn't always accurately show which shipyards a ship can be built in.

Javelin II tanker can be built in the valiant - D shipyard.

https://i.imgur.com/SimbaGr.png

but doesn't show this on the Class Design screen:

https://i.imgur.com/z2Yfa3s.png

DB Attached. (Same without the UI mod).

Looks like the interbuild check doesn't cross the commercial/naval shipyard line. Should probably work in one direction but not the other.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2023, 02:53:12 PM »
I have two harvester station fleets. However, the "Refuel Own Fleet Tankers" setting isn't working the same way for both of them.

Fleet 1: Jupiter Harvesters.
1x "Napoleon Hub"-class Fuel harvester station (has refueling hub)
12x "Napoleon"-class Fuel Harvester Station (has refueling module and more sorium harvesters)

Fleet 2: Alpha Centauri Harvesters
1x "Napoleon Hub 2"-class Fuel harvester station (has refueling hub, more fuel capacity than mk1 version but only 2 harvesters)
12x "Napoleon"-class Fuel Harvester Station

All stations are set to be tankers, with a minimum fuel of 0. I have all of the "Napoleon" FHS set to "Refuel own Fleet Tankers". However, in Alpha Centauri Harvesters, the Napoleon stations are not automatically transferring their fuel to the "Napoleon Hub 2", and I don't understand why, since it is working for the Jupiter Harvesters Fleet.

SJW: If everything is a a tanker, the stations may be refuelling each other, rather than the Hubs. The difference might be the order in which they were built and added to the fleets, which would be the default sort order..

Designs:
Code: [Select]
Napoleon class Fuel Harvester Station      101,721 tons       336 Crew       1,208.9 BP       TCS 2,034    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      No Armour       Shields 0-0     HTK 170      Sensors 8/8/0/0      DCR 1-0      PPV 0
MSP 7    Max Repair 30 MSP
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   
Fuel Harvester: 30 modules producing 1,680,000 litres per annum

Fuel Capacity 25,000,000 Litres    Range N/A
Refuelling Capability: 60,000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 416 hours

PD Search Sensor AS6-R1 (1)     GPS 16     Range 6.4m km    MCR 574.5k km    Resolution 1
Thermal Sensor TH1.0-8.0 (1)     Sensitivity 8     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  22.4m km
EM Sensor EM1.0-8.0 (1)     Sensitivity 8     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  22.4m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Space Station for construction purposes
This design is classed as a Fuel Harvester for auto-assignment purposes
Napoleon Hub class Fuel Harvester Station      151,052 tons       116 Crew       2,936.8 BP       TCS 3,021    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      No Armour       Shields 0-0     HTK 68      Sensors 8/8/0/0      DCR 1-0      PPV 0
MSP 12    Max Repair 2400 MSP
Fuel Harvester: 10 modules producing 560,000 litres per annum
Refuelling Hub - Capable of refuelling multiple ships simultaneously

Fuel Capacity 25,000,000 Litres    Range N/A

PD Search Sensor AS6-R1 (1)     GPS 16     Range 6.4m km    MCR 574.5k km    Resolution 1
Thermal Sensor TH1.0-8.0 (1)     Sensitivity 8     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  22.4m km
EM Sensor EM1.0-8.0 (1)     Sensitivity 8     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  22.4m km

Napoleon Hub 2 class Fuel Harvester Station      150,937 tons       36 Crew       2,773.8 BP       TCS 3,019    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      No Armour       Shields 0-0     HTK 30      Sensors 8/8/0/0      DCR 1-0      PPV 0
MSP 11    Max Repair 2400 MSP
Fuel Harvester: 2 modules producing 112,000 litres per annum
Refuelling Hub - Capable of refuelling multiple ships simultaneously

Fuel Capacity 45,000,000 Litres    Range N/A

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:05:11 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2023, 04:12:49 PM »
I was boarding a Raider ship very near where I knew the Aether Gate they entered from to be. Combat was ongoing when I lost sensor contact with the vessel, right where their gate had to be; it must have transited back to their home system, as I had good sensor coverage of the area. I was kind of excited, as I figured the boarding combat would conclude with the enemy vessel in it's home system, giving me a peek at something otherwise inaccessible.

Immediately after the enemy vessel transited, boarding combat ceased. I still had units remaining, they were actively fighting, but as soon as the transit occurred my ground formation simply disappeared. It was no longer in the list of my ground formations at all, just gone. Bit of a let down, seems like a bug. Might be intended, I'm not sure. Included is a screenshot of my events screen, showing the combat in progress, with troops remaining, then.... nothing.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2023, 06:43:43 PM »
The "Refuel, Resupply, and Overhaul At colony" conditional order doesn't seem to account for factors reducing the maintenance capacity of a planet.

I have 3 10,000 ton survey ships, which decided to go to a newer colony that has 12 maintenance facilities it got from ruins. However, due to not having enough population, the colony only has a Maintenance facilities Capacity of 4,939 tons, instead of the 19200 tons it would have with enough population. As such, I don't think the ships can actually complete their overhaul? Also, even if it had enough population, that still would have been about 10,000 tons more than the colony would be able to handle.

SJW: They can complete it, but it will take longer. The program doesn't check maintenance capacities for overhaul orders, because ships may be arriving/leaving during the overhaul period, or new facilities might be built, stations en route, etc. Handling that is down to the player.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:07:38 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2023, 04:51:03 AM »
The "Refuel, Resupply, and Overhaul At colony" conditional order doesn't seem to account for factors reducing the maintenance capacity of a planet.

I have 3 10,000 ton survey ships, which decided to go to a newer colony that has 12 maintenance facilities it got from ruins. However, due to not having enough population, the colony only has a Maintenance facilities Capacity of 4,939 tons, instead of the 19200 tons it would have with enough population. As such, I don't think the ships can actually complete their overhaul? Also, even if it had enough population, that still would have been about 10,000 tons more than the colony would be able to handle.

They go there because as default all colonies have the refuel in the civilian tab. If you unflag it, they won't go because they cannot refuel and then won't be able to complete the order forcing the use of another colony. I made the suggestion to have that unflagged by default, however didnt get much traction.

It's not a true fix to the issue, just a workaround for you in the meantime.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2023, 04:56:12 AM »
I've got a save game which throws the following error:

2.5.0 Function #2186: Attempted to divide by zero

Whenever the Economy window is opened, or whenever Earth is selected within the Economy window.  The error only pops up once on each occurrence.

Edit:  Issue seems to be with 0 GFCC build capacity with a formation being built.  I'd started a formation construction on Earth (using the new Construct Org functionality) but then moved all the GFCC to Luna (which also caused building formations on Earth not to be displayed, which probably shouldn't happen). 

Building another GFCC on Earth resolves the error.

Db attached.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:23:00 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
Jump Engine Project in-complete
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2023, 05:56:46 AM »
I hope it's just a cosmetic issue or a minor bug (no error message), but I think there is something to review in the design of the new Jump Engines: by opening the "Create Project" window, selecting jump engines, the process is "completed" (no warning) even without having all the necessary technologies (see attached image); despite the message of creation having occurred, (fortunately?) there is no trace of the phantom jump engines in Power and Propulsion research.

I tried with a new game, "on turn zero", this happens even without having researched the JP theory.

EDIT: Instead, an "Active Search Sensor xxx" project is created based on the default values and the Jump Engine selection is ignored.

-J-

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:51:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Fattymac04

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2023, 09:11:34 AM »
When you tug a space station that has commercial hangers holding fighter craft to a location and release it, it shows the craft still with the mothership as should be, but when you move that ships around in the naval organization screen, all the parasites on the mothership disappear.

SJW: Probably related to the detach and delete bug - in which case it will be fixed for v2.5.1
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:33:29 AM by Steve Walmsley »