Author Topic: How rare are Rakhas?  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Black (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
How rare are Rakhas?
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:09:45 AM »
So I play pretty intensively since the release, switching to new versions when released. I got some pretty long games with lot of exploration and plenty of Swarm and Precursors. But I never encountered Rakhas.

In my current game I have 15+ systems with Precursors and several systems infested with Swarm. Quite a lot of 0 cost or less than 1 cost planets. But still no Rakhas. Are they rare or did I miss info about them not being in game?

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
Re: How rare are Rakhas?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »
They seem to be really rare, but I have found them.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »
I think I found them once, but they never used their STO to attack my ships that were hanging out surveying and then they disappeared. I didn't kill them, but when I went back to the system after a war distracted me, they were gone.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 05:16:33 PM »
Also never found them.
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

The following users thanked this post: Hastermain

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 04:04:44 AM »
They need a certain temperature band of about a hundred degrees wide, some oxygen, no dangerous gases, available water, substantial accessible minerals and no ruins.

That is proving to be a very difficult combination. For v1.12 I am dropping the requirements for water, no dangerous gas and high mineral accessibility. Instead, if they meet the other requirements and there is at least one mineral present, there is a 30% chance they will be present. The total mineral accessibility will determine the size of their forces.

The following users thanked this post: Black, DIT_grue, ranger044

Offline mostly_harmless

• Petty Officer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 03:22:44 AM »
Hi,

I am very inexperienced in this game (played years ago and now picked it up again a few weeks ago).  But I think I found them?
Basically I stumbled over a ~1b population on a perfectly human-suited world.

This is my first encounter with Aliens in C#, so I was quite excited.
But then was lost about what to do.  Communication was not happening.  No ships.
So eventually I decied to land around 25k tons of infantry, which gave me an instant victory ( I don't think they had any units) and then the message that the population refuses to surrender, requiring a lot more military forces.
So eventually managed to shuttle over 250k tons of troops (which, if I read another of Steve's posts correctly, will increase in 1. 12 by a factor of 100???) and that made them surrender.
Now I have a second population on that planet with the Rogar aliens, which I am not sure what to do with.  Apparently they require policing / suppressing.  So I shuttled all the 250k tons of army from "my" population over to the alien population.  I would have assumed they could just walk over, since its the same planet.

How can I use the aliens? Forced labor? Or will they eventually integrate into my civilisation? Can I merge the two populations on the same planet?

Thanks
Thomas

Offline Black (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 04:43:16 AM »
This seems to be normal NPR maybe pre TN, if you selected that option. Rakhas have only military forces and no population.

If you control their colony then they are normal part of your civilization, but after conquest there is big malus on their productivity You can check in Economics - Summary, there is Political Status, normal is Imperial Population and you will have something else, not sure what is lowest level called right now, maybe Occupied? This will change after some time and with higher Political Status, productivity will rise as well.

Edit:
You can use them as forced labor - build Forced Labour Construction Camps or Mining Camps - http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg105681#msg105681
Check the post by Steve, I personally do not use aliens for that as you will consume the population in the process.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:47:47 AM by Black »

The following users thanked this post: mostly_harmless

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
Now I have a second population on that planet with the Rogar aliens, which I am not sure what to do with.  Apparently they require policing / suppressing.  So I shuttled all the 250k tons of army from "my" population over to the alien population.  I would have assumed they could just walk over, since its the same planet.

You can drag and drop ground forces formations between colonies on the same body in the Ground Forces window.

The following users thanked this post: mostly_harmless, Zhukov

Offline mostly_harmless

• Petty Officer
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 01:56:47 AM »
The NPR population slowly changes state towards imperial citizens.  Currently sitting at "Candidate", with slightly reduced efficiency and increased policing demand.
I created forced labor and forced mine camps just to test them out.
More importantly, the new specie can stomach lower gravity and temperature, so they make good Belters.  The Sol asteroid belt is now populated with the new aliens.  Note: on these new colonies they are instantly full citizens without any efficiency reduction.

Quote from: db48x link=topic=11733. msg140154#msg140154 date=1597786783
You can drag and drop ground forces formations between colonies on the same body in the Ground Forces window.
Thanks! That's very good to know.

Thomas

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 10:58:11 PM »
So I play pretty intensively since the release, switching to new versions when released. I got some pretty long games with lot of exploration and plenty of Swarm and Precursors. But I never encountered Rakhas.

In my current game I have 15+ systems with Precursors and several systems infested with Swarm. Quite a lot of 0 cost or less than 1 cost planets. But still no Rakhas. Are they rare or did I miss info about them not being in game?
I've found them on my home planet the minute i decided to spawn my new nation there. It was a bloodbath in wich case, i did lost, i simply had no means of making any ships and was being bombarded by orbit. It pissed me off.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 08:03:13 AM »
I have played two games in 1.13 and have found Rakhas within three jumps of Sol both times - I had never encountered them before and it was a smaller force of about 50K that I could see so I landed 500K of armor/infantry, a couple of bombardment cruisers in orbit, and 60 ground support fighters.  Lost the entire force and just about all the fighters were shot down.  I'm not even going to think about going after Rakhas on the ground until mid-game tech levels.

Offline Black (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 08:26:06 AM »
I have played two games in 1.13 and have found Rakhas within three jumps of Sol both times - I had never encountered them before and it was a smaller force of about 50K that I could see so I landed 500K of armor/infantry, a couple of bombardment cruisers in orbit, and 60 ground support fighters.  Lost the entire force and just about all the fighters were shot down.  I'm not even going to think about going after Rakhas on the ground until mid-game tech levels.

Still no luck for me in 1.13, since the release of Aurora I never met the Rakhas. :D

The ground support fighters seem to be very vulnerable in general. I used them few times against Precursors, but they always die very quickly.