Author Topic: Race v goverment  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Charlie Beeler (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Race v goverment
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:44:21 AM »
I've noticed that some, like myself, on occation build a game with 1 to many governments that share a common race.  Or at least are intended too.  Usually these are Earth based games with multiple human empires.  I think that most are using "create empire" on the (F9) Systems Information screen and then modifying to match.

Perhaps a routine to "clone" a race would be in order.  Possibly go the route of having "model" races that are then the basis of the new empires that are fundimentally the same race.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Race v goverment
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 03:08:39 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
I've noticed that some, like myself, on occation build a game with 1 to many governments that share a common race.  Or at least are intended too.  Usually these are Earth based games with multiple human empires.  I think that most are using "create empire" on the (F9) Systems Information screen and then modifying to match.

Perhaps a routine to "clone" a race would be in order.  Possibly go the route of having "model" races that are then the basis of the new empires that are fundimentally the same race.

This is already in the game. Species is separate from government so you can have several Empires with the same species or one Empire with multiple species.  When you create an Empire you have the option of using an existing species as the basis for that Empire.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »