Author Topic: Disappearing Text on ship design  (Read 3200 times)

Lennart

Disappearing Text on ship design
« on: January 05, 2016, 01:05:56 PM »
Hey Guys!
Im new to this gem of a ggame and im trying to get into all the mechanics.
I encounterede two problems:
First: When designing a new Ship there is this text window showing the "Brief summary display" As soon as i add certain parts, like für example an IBM Launch Control ist deletes all the text down there and replaces it with just the Class type and hull of the ship and a number that increases when adding additional parts.  Most information ist displayed on the left and right of this window, but for example the Range of the ship isn´t displayed there.  Because leads to me adding far too much Fuel Tanks to my ship giving it an unnecessary insanely high range, because im scared of needing to retool the shipyard because my ships cant reach where they are supposed to go :/
Long story short: is there a fix for this? I had that issue on v7 and v7. 1

Second: Displaying ressources of a planet seems to happen in different units depending on how hight the amount ist, but i cant figure out the unit, so i dont know is this million tons or thousand tons or simply tons.  Is there a way to set all the ressource displays and also fuel displays to a certain unit (Like tons and litres)??

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
Re: Disappearing Text on ship design
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »
Okay, so:
First. Sorry, but what? I don't understand what you're trying to say.
1.1. What does it write then? Copy and post it here, everything. (you can select text in brief summary)
1.2. Range is written in brief summary. It isn't here when you don't have engines for obvious reasons.

Second. Simply tons, always. And fuel is always in liters.

Lennart

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 01:35:14 PM »
Okay so this is what the window shows when i just started designing a new ship:
New Class class Cruiser    395 tons     10 Crew     57. 8 BP      TCS 7. 9  TH 0  EM 0
1 km/s     Armour 1-4     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 91    Max Repair 8 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 0   

Fuel Capacity 250

As soon as i add any engine or some other parts, havent figured wich parts but for example IBM Launch Control it shows only this:
New Class class Cruiser    3

when i remove the engine it shows all the Information again.
when i add more parts it increases the number so for example when i added 8 motors it says:
New Class class Cruiser    22

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »
It cuts out at 250? Hmm. I suspect Visual Basic and quirks with Deutsch whatever format settings you use. What do you use as digit grouping symbol?

(Note: not this issue if you're using aurora wrapper. Use aurora wrapper)

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »
Also might be a bug. It is one of those case that a screenshot goes a long way to make sure everyone are on the same page.

Lennart

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 01:52:21 PM »
Oh Yeah that solved all my problems.  I already changed my dezimal seperator to make it work in Germany but i did not i also need to change the digit grouping symbol.  Now the ship design works, and also the mineral display, because it used to changed the minerals display due to the wrong digit grouping symbol.  So for example if Earth had 632,320 Duranium it would cut at the comma and tell me its 632 :D   Oh man thank you soooo much for the help

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 11:39:52 PM »
Pretty common error unfortunately.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "