Author Topic: Error 713  (Read 6997 times)

Diego Glagovsky

Error 713
« on: March 19, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
Hi people!
In the las time I;ve been having the error 713 when trying to open the systme view, Help?

Offline Gump

• Petty Officer
  • G
Re: Error 713
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 05:52:45 AM »
I have the same problem.

The game appears to be running okay until I try to go into System Information using either the F9 key or using the button on the top bar within the System Map.

When I do I get an error stating;

Error in LaunchSystemWindow

Error 713 was generated by Aurora
Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

I get the same problem with both my own game, and the 'Example Game' present in the Game Details window using version 7.10 in Windows 10

Offline CyberPhantom

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 07:53:56 AM »
You need to install the MSSTDFMT DLL on your system.    For some reason, the Aurora installer doesn't install that DLL so if your computer does not have it installed from elsewhere, you will get that error when trying to access System View in Aurora.   

The best way I have found to obtain the DLL and install it is to follow the instructions in the answer here: hxxp: superuser.   com/questions/519841/getting-msstdfmt-dll-missing-when-starting-visual-basic-6-application

*edit* Apparently my forum account cannot post links.   To get the instructions, either copy+paste+fix the URL above or do a Google search for Getting “Msstdfmt.  dll missing” when starting Visual Basic 6 application.  Follow the instructions in the answer posted at the superuser site (should be the first result in Google). 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:01:07 AM by CyberPhantom »

Offline RandalllFap

• RandalllFapOS
  • Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
Error 713
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:21:51 AM »
The file isnt corrupt, just not digitally signed anymore.  Error on M side they have to fix.
hxxp: seofabryka. com

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 04:03:27 AM »
Im getting this issue to... So if the file isnt Digitally signed the system wont recognise it?

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 07:08:09 AM »
Following the instructions from that superuser question I have downloaded that DLL file from DLL dump, registered it via "regsvr32" command and now F9 System view works at last.
Though I am using Wine on Ubuntu so YMMV on other OSs.

EDIT: Actually, Error 713 is cleared but for systems with mineral survey I am still getting crash on error 13 when using System view.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:10:25 AM by Detros »

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
I have the same issue with a new install on Windows 10.  I got the DLL from the link, but when I run the 'regsvr32' command I get an error:

Code: [Select]
The module "c:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSSTDFMT.DLL" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.
I looked it up and this is because I wasn't running the command prompt (cmd) in Administrator Mode.  To do that you find 'cmd' in the start menu and right-click it.  Then the 'regsvr32' method works.  Problem is solved for me, but I hope this is helpful to someone.