Author Topic: Aurora Tools  (Read 1393 times)

Offline hiphop38 (OP)

• Space Nazi
  • Leading Rate
  • h
Aurora Tools
« on: October 21, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »
Question, Are there any tools, (A'la DwarfTherapist for DwarfFortress) that make it easier to work with Aurora?
Dont get me wrong, I love this game, but I can find it tedious to dig through the different pages as my personal games grow.

If there are none in existence currently, I am curious if there are ways to access the database.
I have delved deep into Visual Basic with excel with my work and have a few ideas I could try playing with.

I know that the databases are locked down for gameplay reasons, but does anyone know of anyway of accessing the databases?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Aurora Tools
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 04:28:32 PM »
The only tools at the moment are in the Installation directory.

As for database access, you'd need the password. And some means of accessing the data, jet, odbc, etc.

Iranon

Re: Aurora Tools
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »
Dwarf Therapist addresses specific shortcomings of the interface, putting checkboxes where they are useful... I can't think of an equivalent need for Aurora.
Main thing I'd want isn't something specific to Aurora, but simply better window management to keep on top of the clutter... which I don't know how to get under Windows.

Having browser-like tabs, tossing multiple screens into a single window in a user-definable grid and easy automation (e.g. for updating inactive windows) was an awesome experience for Aurora.
Unfortunately, not everything ran smoothly on Linux through WINE.