Author Topic: Dying of old age while playing.  (Read 2641 times)

Offline I_Sicarius_I (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
Dying of old age while playing.
« on: July 07, 2017, 05:33:00 PM »
LSS, launched salvo of ASMs gonna take 45 minutes.  580ish turns of 5-10 seconds wach in 5 second increments. . .  i rather enjoy the game but i dont have that kind of time guys. . .

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Dying of old age while playing.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:58:49 PM »
7.2 should make this less of a problem.  You'll still have the 5-sec increment spam, but at they'll be much faster.

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 02:19:13 AM »
LSS, launched salvo of ASMs gonna take 45 minutes.  580ish turns of 5-10 seconds wach in 5 second increments. . .  i rather enjoy the game but i dont have that kind of time guys. . .

I hear that, lol. Have you used the spacetime bubble? Go into SM mode and hit the button at the bottom of the Contacts tab on the System Map window. You will need to close and reopen that System Map window if it's open when you turn on SM.

When I'm in battle, I usually turn on the spacetime bubble for increments under an hour, which should speed things up, but you'll still need to click like crazy to move past the constant interruptions once the missiles start flying and you'll still have to give it time and attention ... no walking past the computer and hitting enter to keep the ball rolling while doing other things. Also, remember to turn it off when the slowdown is over.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 08:27:29 AM »
I use a laptop and as such cant see the button or most buttons for that matter(yes i know about reduced sized windows). Im off today so i guess ill try to click the hours worth of missile flight.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 01:10:29 PM »
Idea: use only short range missiles and smaller sensors.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
They started flying towards me so it didnt take long. Got a repeating overflow error so im gonna restart and just use short range missiles. Apparently 218m km is a sin. Really love the game but its almost as unbearable as DF sometimes

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
I've fired way further than 218mkm.  That's not the source of your error.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »
Im aware. The overflow error was after the missile incident. Not idea what caused it ive tried everything. So im just gonna restart and use shorter ranged missiles so i dont have to wait as long for them to actually hit.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
I've fired way further than 218mkm.  That's not the source of your error.
Could the target be moving at the speed similar to the missiles thus constantly getting them on and off sensors?

That or you are just fighting when there is another fight somewhere deep in space between NPRs.
Try that "None without player presence" detection rule in game settings.

Learn where to find the Bubble.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »
If you are talking to me my missiles were going about 4x faster than the target but they were initially flying away and the distance was very far to begin with. so it was taking forever. Then they turned towards me. Ill take it as a gift from steve. But after i moved to an asteroid just off their homeworld? I got the overflow error. So no idea what it's from.

Offline ty55101

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »
In situations like this you want to force your turns. You check auto-turns and then the little green box with the 0 in it you put in how long you think you can be away without doing anything in seconds divided by 5 and then click advance time by 5 seconds. Walk away from computer or switch programs and do something else while it finishes.
More guns = more funs

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 03:37:55 PM »
This kind of slowdown is very frustrating.  I had invaders show up near Saturn with ships that move less than 1500 kps, and the game won't tick anything longer than 60 seconds.  It takes 30 seconds to compute each tick.  So much for that game.  I mean, I can give it a few hours, but if it's going to take multiple weeks of compute time to get into range, it's not going to happen.