Author Topic: Dahakish/SG Universe-ish game.  (Read 2503 times)

Offline GodEmperor (OP)

• Commander
Dahakish/SG Universe-ish game.
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
So i had this idea of a game that would be similar to Dahak/SG Universe.
I 'd made normal conventional Human empire and then setup second race of so called Ancients ( not those ones ).
I'd given those Ancients the max tech level in everything, made few parts and assembled the gigantic mothership with cryo chambers, cargo, hangars etc with few small parasite destroyers.
Then i'd given those ships to humans..

And thats when i run into a problem - this somehow gave my Humans almost max tech level and that doesnt play nice with me :(

Did i do something wrong ? Is there a way around it ?
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline TCD

• Lt. Commander
  • T
Re: Dahakish/SG Universe-ish game.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »
Yes, I've tried similar setups and run into those problems. Could you instead SM the humans marines and boarding ships and have them capture the mothership instead? I don't know what that would do to the parasite destroyers (any know what happens to a carrier when it gets boarded?).

If you're controlling the mothership and keeping it at 0 speed the boarding ships could still use conventional engines.

Offline GodEmperor (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
Yes, I've tried similar setups and run into those problems. Could you instead SM the humans marines and boarding ships and have them capture the mothership instead? I don't know what that would do to the parasite destroyers (any know what happens to a carrier when it gets boarded?).

If you're controlling the mothership and keeping it at 0 speed the boarding ships could still use conventional engines.

Ok i will try it..
I will change those destroyers to geo/grav scout fighters tho - will they be captured along with mothership if they will be in the hangar deck ?

EDIT: well crap, even 100 Mobile Battalions couldn't capture that ship.. It had 31k crew but come the frakk on ..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:37:59 PM by Lossmar »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:54:21 PM »
Ok i will try it..
I will change those destroyers to geo/grav scout fighters tho - will they be captured along with mothership if they will be in the hangar deck ?

EDIT: well crap, even 100 Mobile Battalions couldn't capture that ship.. It had 31k crew but come the frakk on ..

Are you using mobile infantry, or are you using marine companies? marines are very effective with ship boarding.

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 12:09:25 AM »

I don't remember whether crews of boarded ships benefit from Ground Unit Strength research...?

In any case, you could try softening it up by SMing damage to life support and waiting for most or all of the crew to die.

Offline GodEmperor (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »
Are you using mobile infantry, or are you using marine companies? marines are very effective with ship boarding.
Well i tried to use the most basic units since i wanted the Humans to be at the lowest it can be when it comes to tech.

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 01:27:05 AM »
In SM mode, you can make a race forget tech down to the basics, so you could grant the humans marine tech, create a few battalions for the assault, and afterwards remove the tech and disband the battalions.

Offline GodEmperor (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 09:30:32 AM »
In SM mode, you can make a race forget tech down to the basics, so you could grant the humans marine tech, create a few battalions for the assault, and afterwards remove the tech and disband the battalions.

Wait, what ?
How, where ?
Since when ?

I know you can delete user designed components like missiles, FC's, sensors etc but to actually remove tech ?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 05:47:03 PM »
On the research tab of the population and production window (F2) At the bottom below the tech description there is a bunch of buttons to switch between display of projects that are; Available, All Projects, Completed, or Completed(Ex start).
Switch from Available to Completed, then you can select the project and use the new "remove" button.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: TheBawkHawk

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »
Didn't know that, thank you! That's going to come in handy.