Author Topic: Fighter pilot, dead or alive?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Mark Yanning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
Fighter pilot, dead or alive?
« on: May 09, 2020, 01:01:18 PM »
I just had a close contact with some alien ships. My 5 railgun fast fighters didn't survive, it seems they got killed as soon as they were closer to the 10k tons targets. On those ships, I had some of my best fighter pilots. How can I see what happened to them? They may be still alive in the lifepod? If they are dead, they just disappear from the commanders menu? We should give some glory to these men   8) 8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:15:13 PM by Mark Yanning »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: Fighter pilot, dead or alive?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 01:19:59 PM »
It should say when they get destroyed if the commander made it to the life pods or not.

• M
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 01:20:50 PM »
Allright, thanks. I must have missed that event  ;). If they passed away, we lost the profile forever?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:31:15 PM by Mark Yanning »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 01:48:16 PM »
Yes, they are lost forever. There, unfortunately, is no Wall of Remembrance for commanders. It would get pretty huge, pretty fast, so I can understand why not.

The following users thanked this post: Mark Yanning

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »
In my old VB games I always hated when one of my leaders or scientists died and I missed the notification as there was no way to really go back far enough when I then noticed.  I like to name system bodies after some of the more notable commanders and leaders.  Sucks that there is no log file or something tho. 

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, serger

• M
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 03:43:46 PM »
In my old VB games I always hated when one of my leaders or scientists died and I missed the notification as there was no way to really go back far enough when I then noticed.  I like to name system bodies after some of the more notable commanders and leaders.  Sucks that there is no log file or something tho.

Yep, we must open a thread in suggestions. I really would like to have memories of my bravest men  :D

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »

Yep, we must open a thread in suggestions. I really would like to have memories of my bravest men  :D

Yes, many of us would.  The option has been in and out of Aurora multiple times; the problem is how to separate the handful of officers we care about from the possibly thousands we don't.  None of the popular suggestions have managed even 50-50 accuracy on that count.