Author Topic: Finding spoilers  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Silvarelion (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
Finding spoilers
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »
Hey guys

So I've got a test game running and I want to test my doctrines against the spoilers. I tried finding some, but after about 2 dozen systems, I came up short. Does anyone have any good ways of finding them, or any designs for them that I could replicate?

Thanks!
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Finding spoilers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »
On the F9 'System' window, there is an SM Mode-only button to 'Add Precursor'.  Other than that, none that I know of.

It's worth it to double check your game settings to make sure the Spoiler Races checkbox is ticked.

Offline Silvarelion (OP)

• S
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 10:24:48 PM »
Hey @Father Tim, sorry for being blind. I've got the F9 screen up, and I've been through all the tabs a couple times (found some really cool JP stuff) and I haven't seen any way to add precursors. Do you mind being a little more specific?
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 04:39:12 PM »
My apologies.  There is no longer any such button.

All I can say is spoiler races are more common near habitable planets, and less common in nebulae.

Keep exploring, and good luck!

Offline Silvarelion (OP)

• S
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »
Ah, that's too bad. Thanks for the idea. I ended up finding a couple really cool options I hadn't seen before

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 07:31:15 AM »
Instead of spoilers you can just spawn some NPR's and have a whack at them.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "