Author Topic: Operational Mineral Requirements  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Jarhead0331 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
Operational Mineral Requirements
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:31:06 PM »
I know the industry tab tells you what minerals are required to construct a facility, but is there a list someplace for the minerals that are required for the facilities to function? For instance, I keep getting interrupts because maintenance facilities on one of my colony are short on minerals necessary to manufacture MSP.

Thanks.

Offline Polestar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • P
Re: Operational Mineral Requirements
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »
Happily, there is. Economics window->Mining tab, second panel (Mineral Usage): If your facilities are active, you will see values for mineral consumption. The values for Refineries and Maintenance are yearly figures; everything else is the total cost. Ship in a few times the yearly figure, or enough to cover a few year's production, then set Reserves to appropriate values, and it'll be a while before that world runs out.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:09:14 PM by Polestar »

Offline Ri0Rdian

• Discord Username: Ri0Rdian#3639
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 09:31:38 PM »
Yeah, the game does not make it super easy. I believe MSP are made from Duranium, Gallicite and Uridium at 2:2:1 ratio, hopefully I am not wrong.

What I miss though, it proper screen when I can see how much minerals I am producing yearly combined. Easy per colony but one can have a ton of them and it requires counting it manually.

Offline Polestar

• P
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 07:28:09 AM »
Ri0Rdian,

Yes, MSPs are indeed made from the minerals, in the proportions, you state. You can confirm this in the Mining tab. This also works to figure out the proportions of minerals you need for missiles.

I certainly agree that the game UI could provide information better!

That said, there are some ways we can keep track of our empire-wide mineral production and consumption right now. First off, don't worry about total production. What you want is a better sense of what minerals are at risk of running short, before they run out.

The Economics window, Empire Mining tab gives you total stockpiles and global stockpile change in the last construction cycle. Some tips:
1. Get a sense of what a "comfortable" value for the Stockpile of key minerals, including Duranium, Corundum, and Gallicite, are. If the values here or on your major manufacturing world(s) drop lower than you like, keep shipping mines to worlds that produce said minerals.
2. Try to keep the Change values mostly positive, except for the TN minerals you're heavily chewing up at the moment. You want to be generally growing mineral stockpiles over time, except during surge production periods, to keep up with your expanding empire production.
3. Compare the Total Stockpile values to the stockpiles on your major manufacturing worlds. This can clue you in that a government or civilian mine has minerals that aren't being carried away.
4. If you still have trouble, then consider turning a freighter into a ore dump. Stockpile a few thousands of critical minerals. If you run out, tap the reserve and use it to start solving the resource crunch.

Offline Ri0Rdian

• Discord Username: Ri0Rdian#3639
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 05:51:42 PM »
I like your idea nr. 4. Never thought about that. We do have reserve amounts, but I use that to basically make sure I never run out totally.

I think I am gonna make use of it and dumb at least further 25k of everything somewhere. Not on a ship though, but probably some planet, possibly Mercury (anything will do though).