Author Topic: Civilian contracts  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Suxxor (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
Civilian contracts
« on: July 05, 2016, 04:00:27 AM »
I have a problem with civilian shipping which can be illustrated on following example.

I have Sol and Proxima Centauri.  Jumpgates are built in both systeom on jump points.

If I create supply contract on Earth and demand on Proxima Centauri A II, AI ships come and pick up instalations.
If I create supply contract on Proxima Centauri A II and demand contract on Earth, AI ships don't come.

Clear orders does not help - ships ignore the contract anyway + resetting orders one ship at a time is time consuming.  Has anyone experienced this aswell?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Civilian contracts
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 08:46:35 AM »
maybe they're ignoring the system because is dangerous, loose any ships there recently?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Suxxor (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 09:50:41 AM »
Nope.  No enemy ships were ever detected in that system.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 01:18:36 PM »
Its just a quirk with shipping lanes. They tend to prioritize trade goods over shipping contracts for some reason, especially out of system "supply" contracts. Its most notable when you have hardly any civilian ships, but when you have a lot its less of a problem because the more ships, the higher the chance at least one will fulfill the contract.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:52:17 AM »
Meh i just hate how after a few years. Its commin for a lot of the civvy ships to just stop moving. Theyll just sot at a planet and do nothing. Even though they should be moving trade goods.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 03:58:37 PM »
Meh i just hate how after a few years. Its commin for a lot of the civvy ships to just stop moving. Theyll just sot at a planet and do nothing. Even though they should be moving trade goods.
You tried using the Clear Orders option yet?

Offline Suxxor (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 03:04:29 AM »
Quote from: iceball3 link=topic=8799. msg94137#msg94137 date=1468702717
You tried using the Clear Orders option yet?
As much as clearing orders sounds good, doing it one ship at a time is somehow unpractical.  In the endgame unreal.