Author Topic: Automated Automatic Mine Transport  (Read 2844 times)

Offline xjalbritton (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • x
Automated Automatic Mine Transport
« on: September 22, 2016, 04:39:44 PM »
So, in the orders for my freighter task group, I have it set so the primary order is to deliver automated mine to a mining colony and the secondary is to pick up an automated mine from a population.  However, my problem is that the ship (which has 25k ton cargo) will load an automated mine, then try to load a second even though it can't, and it never delivers the mine. 

I've tried swapping which one is primary and which is secondary but that didn't work.

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
Re: Automated Automatic Mine Transport
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:24:27 PM »
So, in the orders for my freighter task group, I have it set so the primary order is to deliver automated mine to a mining colony and the secondary is to pick up an automated mine from a population.  However, my problem is that the ship (which has 25k ton cargo) will load an automated mine, then try to load a second even though it can't, and it never delivers the mine. 

I've tried swapping which one is primary and which is secondary but that didn't work.

Do you actually have a mining colony already set up? It might not be able to find anywhere to unload?

Offline xjalbritton (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • x
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 10:30:42 PM »
I have mercury set as a colony, and it seems to have automatically designated itself as a mining colony after I got the first auto mine there.  Is there anything I'm missing?

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 06:09:22 AM »
Do you mean actual primary orders as in conditionals? I normally just use the standard order window so I will have something like this.
Load Automated Mine Earth
Unload all installations Venus
Refuel from colony Earth

Then just ensure that you have cycle moves ticked or use the repeat button to ensure you make the amount of trips you require. I haven't tried using the conditional orders for transport as I find the normal order system allows for far more flexibility and better repeat options etc.

Offline xjalbritton (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • x
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 06:26:53 PM »
Yes, I was talking about conditionals.   I know you can set the orders manually but I have conditionals set to make them refuel and when that is triggered it removes my other orders. 

I haven't tried the cycle moves option and will give it a try.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 04:10:11 AM »
If you already have a set fuel location then it is easy enough to simply check the entire trip distance when adding orders, just ensure once you get to around 90% of the ships maximum distance it is set to arrive and refuel at a location.

In the task groups window just under the group location box is a box for distance, next to that you have two options one for current order and one for all orders. I find it very handy for all transport route types as well as aiding in designing my transport ships with the correct sort of maximum distance instead of simply guessing wildly.