Author Topic: Error in Get Mineral Usage error 6 generated by aurora : overflow  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Faenor (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • F
Hello,

I got this Error in Get Mineral Usage error 6 generated by aurora : overflow with Aurora 7. 1

The error appears when i click on overviex, research, production but not on the fleet movement screen.

Can i have help from you to solve it ?

Thibaut

Offline Tor Cha

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Re: Error in Get Mineral Usage error 6 generated by aurora : overflow
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:12:14 AM »
I could be wrong But that Normally happens When You have changed the Minerals over what the Game allows.
When you start Changing your Minerals you need to watch and Note what the Minerals were before & after Changing them So you learn What # the Game will allow and What # it will NOT.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Error in Get Mineral Usage error 6 generated by aurora : overflow
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 03:00:49 AM »
It means the amount of one of your minerals is too large (usually) or too small to be stored properly in the variable assigned to it in the computer code for Aurora.  It's hard to say whether it's in Projected Use (did you assign 10,000 years' worth of construction projects at once?) or Production (is your entire Fuel Harvester fleet parked in one big lump at a single gas giant with 1.0 accessability Sorium?) or Mineral Reports (if you geo survey a super-rich high-G world you might push the amount present over the thresh-hold, since the calculation is partly gravity based).

If the amount is too small, it generally gets rounded down to 0, but that can cause division-by-zero errors.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix the problem is to get the amount back into the range the FLOAT or LONG or whatever variable can handle.  Try to figure out what you did immediately before the error showed up, and undo it.