Author Topic: Noobie question on refueling and the auto pause within game  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Antmf (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
Noobie question on refueling and the auto pause within game
« on: November 15, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »
I sent my scouts out to do surveys of nearest bodies and second order was if their fuel goes below 30% to go back to earth and refuel but now they ran out of fuel and have no idea what to do. My question is :

1- How do i prevent that from happening in the future?
2- How do I get them back to base to refuel?
3- And how do i prevent the game from constantly auto pausing telling me that so and so ship is out of fuel?
4- oh 1 more thing:Is there a way to slow down in which the events log shows the text messages? It is going fast and was wondering I could slow it down?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:58:31 PM by Antmf »

Offline Seolferwulf

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
Re: Noobie question on refueling and the auto pause within game
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 03:53:47 PM »
1) Setting the conditional order to 30% should usually suffice but to play it safe you can set it to 50%. Your survey ships will RTB more often but they won't run out of fuel anymore.

2) To refuel a ship that went dry in space you need to get another ship there. Send a ship with fuel to your stranded ship, put both in the same taskgroup and push the button to equalize fuel in your taskgroup window.

3) You could probably set a flag in the data base to tell the game to ignore this interrupt event but you'd need the developer password for that.

4) No clue.

Offline Tor Cha

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
If your Not too Picky Add a Bit more fuel
Or Have a Fuel Tanker top them off after transit

Lex-perat

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »
3.  Cancel all commands for movement and inspection.  Then the auto pause will be canceled

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 02:08:51 AM »
1.) I'm big on hassle-free operations, so what your survey ships need is more fuel. 30% has to be enough to get your ships back home, so the most distant object you want to survey will give you an indication of how much fuel you'll need. My extra-solar survey ships usually have enough endurance to conduct geo and grav surveys of two or three systems before I need to bring them home and run out of deployment time before they run out of fuel.

2.) If you're looking at individual ships, it might be simpler to bring up the Individual Unit Details screen, select the Miscellaneous tab, and transfer the fuel manually rather than mess with your task group compositions. A dedicated tanker (where you've checked the Tanker box on the design screen) can be ordered to refuel a target without joining the TG.

3.) I'm pretty sure you can cancel the movement order to stop the interrupts---it's the inability to carry out the order triggering the interrupt, not the absence of fuel.

4.) You can also view the event log by clicking the Events button on the System Window icon bar, so if you miss something you can review it. You'll be wanting those event messages to clear quicker soon enough ...

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:24:32 AM »

3.) I'm pretty sure you can cancel the movement order to stop the interrupts---it's the inability to carry out the order triggering the interrupt, not the absence of fuel.

This.

Cancel the fleet's orders.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:42:34 PM »
Remember that conditional orders are only checked when the ship checks its assigned/default orders. Hence why it's better to use "survey nearest body" and "survey nearest JP" as then it will check for fuel remaining between each survey, instead of assigning 3 widely dispersed JP survey locations or 5 comets going to different directions and only checks conditional order when all of those are surveyed.