Author Topic: Espionage and system access  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Espionage and system access
« on: May 22, 2014, 05:37:09 PM »
I have just been granted trade access by a race in my current game, and think this would make an ideal opportunity to clip an espionage team to a world of theirs. I have so far only entered their space once and it was the during first contact and things quickly went down hill until they opened fire on a vessel. Since then I have not allowed any ship access to this race's space due to not wanting to ruin relations.

What sort of ships will be targeted for attack and what sort will be allowed to fly in their space? is it based on things like weapon systems aboard the hull, or simply a case of military/civilian types?

Offline Sharp

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
Re: Espionage and system access
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »
They won't care about civilian ships so don't worry about what your civilian ships are doing, however in regards to ships under your control that they will care about.

I think their relations won't reduce as quickly if you have your ship have it's transponder on, and if you get close to their colony it might reduce relations a bit more. I would just put espionage team on a fast ship and drop em off and get out asap.

Not totally sure on how alien relations really react anyway, mostly they all want to kill me :(

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 04:49:11 AM »
Ah so it matters not about weapons but if I want a team on their planet I am going to have to annoy them no matter what. I assume then since it is tonnage that determines how much I displease them. I am best to just make an engine with some life support and fire it at the planet at top speed.

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 07:38:09 AM »
All I know is that active sensors in a system they have colonies in pisses them off. The actual weapons you mount, well, AFAIK they have no way to tell, just like you don't know what is mounted by an alien ship.