Author Topic: "failed to load mass driver"  (Read 2086 times)

Offline stamasd (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
"failed to load mass driver"
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
I'm a noob, please bear with me.

I'm trying to mine Titan.  I have sent automated mines up, and they're producing nicely.  I have built a few mass drivers and am trying to send one up there, but when I try to get it on a cargo ship I get the message "Failed to load Mass Driver Earth.  Please reschedule orders"
The cargo ship is 52000t, with a cargo capacity of 30000t.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: "failed to load mass driver"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »
Check to see if there is anything already on the ship.  You can see if the space left on the task force screen (F12) first tab in the lower right corner.  If you have less than 25,000 tons available then it will not load.  Also all 25,000 tons (5 cargo holds) need to be in one ship.  It does not work if they are split up between multiple ships.

Brian

Offline stamasd (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »
Yup, the ship is empty and has 30000 cargo hold available.  Still no luck.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
And the F2 screen for the planet says there is at least 1 mass driver?  This error is usually because there is nothing to load or the ship has insuficient space.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline stamasd (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
I have 3 mass drivers available.    The ship has no cargo and 30000t space available.    I actually have 3 of this ship type, and one of another design also with 30000t available, none of them will load the mass driver.   

Offline stamasd (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:21:24 AM »
Hm.  I kept trying and eventually it worked. 

Maybe a bug? A "stuck" condition, like when I ordered a sorium harvester to picket Venus at 1km/s :) and then I couldn't get it to move at any other speed than 1km/s anywhere.