Author Topic: Endless 1 minute updates  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Decimator (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
Endless 1 minute updates
« on: April 25, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »
How do I make the game quit doing 1 minute increments?  I left the game running for a good hour of realtime and the increments are still stuck at 1 minute.

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Re: Endless 1 minute updates
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 05:39:45 AM »
Quote from: "Decimator"
How do I make the game quit doing 1 minute increments?  I left the game running for a good hour of realtime and the increments are still stuck at 1 minute.
Do you have the Automated Turns checkbox (on the F3 System Map, located immediately after the menu icons) checked? If not, try that. The problem is likely related to two NPRs having a battle. Having Automated Turns on means their battle won't cause interrupts unless something they do affects you.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline Decimator (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
Yes, automated turns is on.  I was trying to power through the problem.  The game has now run for several hours of meatspace time, as I just left it running while I did something else.  The updates were never longer or shorter than 60 seconds.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:08:13 AM »
I had a similar case a couple of days ago. When I looked at the NPRs, a NPR-1 taskgroup was chasing a NPR-2 survey ship around the system. Because the TG and the survey ship had exactely the same maximum speed, this looked to be a neverending story. I changed the survey ships order to close with the enemy and everything went back to normal shortly.

To do something like this, you have to ask Steve for the PW for "designer mode" because only then you can see the NPRs

NOTE: Changing stuff in this mode is dangerous, because the AI can be easily brocken by changes you do! I strongly adivse to make a backup of your database beforehand!

Or, you can ask Steve if he can look at your database. Perhaps there _is_ something stange going on.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Decimator (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:34:07 AM »
I think I'll upload the database when I get the chance.  It'd be good to have whatever is causing this fixed regardless.

Edit: database download: http://rapidshare.com/files/380420309/Stevefire.mdb.html

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »
You can also look at the event log in SM mode to get some idea of what's going on.