Author Topic: Corrupt Database  (Read 1054 times)

Offline laz (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Corrupt Database
« on: May 09, 2010, 06:58:12 AM »
Posted in the bug section about errors I was recieving

I didn't realise you could back up saved games like Andrew pointed out in the bug thread so it looks like I've potentially lost my 125 year old game.

The database is just shy of 700 megs big. I've made a copy for Steve to look at should he require it I can always send it over.

Otherwise looks like i'm gonna have to start afresh with a new game. I'll have to backup the database now lesson learned  :oops:

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Corrupt Database
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »
Quote from: "laz"
Posted in the bug section about errors I was recieving

I didn't realise you could back up saved games like Andrew pointed out in the bug thread so it looks like I've potentially lost my 125 year old game.

The database is just shy of 700 megs big. I've made a copy for Steve to look at should he require it I can always send it over.

Otherwise looks like i'm gonna have to start afresh with a new game. I'll have to backup the database now lesson learned  :oops:
Access does not like getting too large it can cause database problems, 700 meg is getting towards that point I think

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
Re: Corrupt Database
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »
The limit in Access is 2Gb.  However, it is a pig for expanding the dB like mad.  Steve put the Compact option on the Miscellaneous menu long ago.  Try running that if you haven't already.  Back up first of course.

Stephen