Author Topic: New Method for Removing Precursor Colonies  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
New Method for Removing Precursor Colonies
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »
I found a ruined settlement, zipped a xeno team over to it, and managed to find 5 precursor ships in orbit. The team landed safely, and the precursor fleet obliterated the delivering fleet of mine. I sent in an armed fleet to deal with them (to no avail), and retreated, leaving the xeno team stranded.

Well the brilliant scientist types, having nothing better to do started to restore stuff. And promptly became the focus of bombardment from the orbiting precursors, who evidently forgot that it was their settlement to begin with.

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Re: New Method for Removing Precursor Colonies
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
Heh. That's neat. :) Weird.

Eric

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:13:11 PM »
Trying to figure out why the AI is using 0-pt anti-missile warheads. He's been firing 10-15 each time he cycles at 24 of my anti-missile missiles that have no controller, so they are sitting there waiting for fuel to run out.

Does make it nice when my shipkillers go in :)

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Quote from: "Starkiller"
Heh. That's neat. :) Weird.
Each population is for one species only (because each species may have a different colony cost for the same planet) so you have your own species' population and a population for the Precursor species. Obviously in this case the population has no actual inhabitants so maybe I need to think about converting colonies of that type that are conquered. In the meantime, you can just transfer the sensors to your own pop and delete the original precursor one.

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Trying to figure out why the AI is using 0-pt anti-missile warheads. He's been firing 10-15 each time he cycles at 24 of my anti-missile missiles that have no controller, so they are sitting there waiting for fuel to run out.

Does make it nice when my shipkillers go in :)

Based on a few reports I need to re-examine the AI missile defences. It will have to wait until the current re-coding exercise is finished though.

Steve

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 04:01:01 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Each population is for one species only (because each species may have a different colony cost for the same planet) so you have your own species' population and a population for the Precursor species. Obviously in this case the population has no actual inhabitants so maybe I need to think about converting colonies of that type that are conquered. In the meantime, you can just transfer the sensors to your own pop and delete the original precursor one.

It is weird to see a precursor population go from conquered to occupied when there's no one home. I would also like a button to turn off the attempt to communicate with precursors (there may well be one but myopic me has yet to find it :) ).
IanD