Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 68448 times)

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 03:35:53 AM »
On the Missile / Buoy Design screen there is something screwy going on the the calculation for hitting 3000km/s targets.  My best guess is that the (missile speed / target speed) part of the equation is being truncated.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
On the Missile / Buoy Design screen there is something screwy going on the the calculation for hitting 3000km/s targets.  My best guess is that the (missile speed / target speed) part of the equation is being truncated.
Confirmed. My 4 MSP, 35200 km/s, MR 13 is displaying "3k km/s 143%", should be 152.5%. 143/13 = 11 and 35200/3000 = 11.7334.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »
On the Technology window, components in certain categories (like EM Detection Sensors) cannot be renamed.

Offline Rastaman

• Azhanti High Lightning
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 04:25:37 PM »
In the fighters window, when launching a fighter squadron:

-----------------------------------

Error 3075 was generated by the DAO.Database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'RaceID = 1029 and FleetName = 'VRN-305 - Devil's Kin'.

Upon pressing 'OK':

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

The errors repeat, Aurora hangs and needs to be terminated. After changing the squadron designation ('VRN-305') into something else the error does not happen anymore (sometimes - see below) and the squadron launches normally. All this is very much repeatable (see below).

Edit: it also happens when creating a TG with the 'Branch Only' button in Naval Organization. Something happened and changing the name does not do it anymore with another aquadron..
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:35:28 PM by Rastaman »
Fun Fact: The minimum engine power of any ship engine in Aurora C# is 0.01. The maximum is 120000!

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 04:31:04 PM »
In the fighters window, when launching a fighter squadron:

Error 3075 was generated by the DAO.Database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'RaceID = 1029 and FleetName = 'VRN-305 - Devil's Kin'.

Upon pressing 'OK':

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

The errors repeat, Aurora hangs and needs to be terminated. After changing the squadron designation ('VRN-305') into something else the error does not happen anymore and the squadron launches normally. All this is very much repeatable.

It's the apostrophe in the squadron name.

Offline Rastaman

• Azhanti High Lightning
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »
It's the apostrophe in the squadron name.

That it is.
Fun Fact: The minimum engine power of any ship engine in Aurora C# is 0.01. The maximum is 120000!

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
Sigh.

Aurora seems to be stuck processing a particular construction cycle, and I can't get past it. I'm sorry I can't provide any further information, but the game isn't telling me much. The DB isn't much bigger than its default size (it's hoving around 81 MB) nor anything. I tried compacting it, but it hasn't helped. I guess the only thing I can do is leave the computer processing for a while and hope Aurora unstucks at some point.

:(
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:55:30 PM by Shadow »

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 08:01:21 PM »
I left Aurora running for about 90 minutes and it didn't unstuck. By pure luck, I had a backed up DB from three game months eariler. I hope I'll be able to get past that construction cycle this time. It's also time to adopt a more frequent backup routine.

By the way, I also kept a copy of the DB that hangs, in case Steve wants to look into the issue.

EDIT: Backup didn't work. I played from February 2078 and the game still hanged at the second construction cycle of May 2078. My game's toast. Help, Steeeeeve! :'(
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:25:51 PM by Shadow »

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 12:04:03 AM »
I left Aurora running for about 90 minutes and it didn't unstuck. By pure luck, I had a backed up DB from three game months eariler. I hope I'll be able to get past that construction cycle this time. It's also time to adopt a more frequent backup routine.

By the way, I also kept a copy of the DB that hangs, in case Steve wants to look into the issue.

EDIT: Backup didn't work. I played from February 2078 and the game still hanged at the second construction cycle of May 2078. My game's toast. Help, Steeeeeve! :'(

Is there any construction or research finishing on that 5-day cycle? I wonder if maybe a ship is coming out of the Shipyards and it can't find the fleet or some such ...

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »
Is there any construction or research finishing on that 5-day cycle? I wonder if maybe a ship is coming out of the Shipyards and it can't find the fleet or some such ...

No construction nor research scheduled to finish in that particular cycle. The only current shipyard activity is a series of refits that won't be done for a few months.

The game doesn't produce any errors. It just gets stuck processing that cycle seemingly indefinitely.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »
Did you try to shut down aurora via Task-Manager while running the turm and then start again? I had something similar where Aurora got stuck and after restarting there was a "Increment Placeholder" in the log, but Aurora took up again.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 09:25:56 AM »
Did you try to shut down aurora via Task-Manager while running the turm and then start again? I had something similar where Aurora got stuck and after restarting there was a "Increment Placeholder" in the log, but Aurora took up again.

I did that as well a number of times, to no avail. :-\

Well, I tried to close the program normally. Windows 7 would tell me it's not responding and then prompt me to force-close it, which is what I did. And then when I restarted there was that increment placeholder (though it didn't say "placeholder" anywhere), but Aurora would get stuck again if I told it to process the turn.

EDIT: It seems it's not the construction cycle after all. The cycle takes place around 07:47 of May 17th, 2078, but apparently it was processed just fine (I got reports of a new officer and someone else's promotion at that time). However, I can't get much farther than that. I went on testing with smaller and smaller increments, down to 5-second ones, and found out the game can't progress after 11:32:01 or 11:32:06, May 17th, 2078. So it's probably something tiny yet critical enough to kill my game. :(

EDIT2: I've also noticed that the DB is growing beyond its usual size as I test further. My early May '78 backup is 80 MB, and my DB at the problematic increment is 92 MB, and it was 90 MB before the last test.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:56:13 AM by Shadow »

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
Can you upload the DB somewhere? If I get some time before Steve can get to it then might be able to track it down, long shot but I like debugging stuff - it's part of my job :)

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »
Can you upload the DB somewhere? If I get some time before Steve can get to it then might be able to track it down, long shot but I like debugging stuff - it's part of my job :)

Here it is. It's the early May '78 backup. You should run into the issue a couple of construction cycles in. Possibly not the exact same 5-second increment, but who knows.

We can't rule out an .exe bug, either, but thanks and good luck. :)

Oh, and by the way, I had added a custom flag to my installation, so you might get an error about it in the Race Details screen.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:57:13 PM by Shadow »

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 11:42:41 PM »
I have a conditional order for my GEV ships to join the parent fleet when their fuel is low. When the condition is triggered the ship is getting the order "Join ", without a target. This of course throws errors. The parent fleet is "GEV Team" which is in the same system and currently consists of a jump scout. GEV Team is listed as the superior and it lists both GEV ships as subordinates. The GEV ships were manually detached from GEV Team when they arrived in the system. Edit: Also, after the conditional order is added, the default orders are also added.
Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Error in CheckConditionalOrders
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11
OK  
Code: [Select]