Author Topic: Aurora for mac?  (Read 11867 times)

Offline Karlito

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
Re: Aurora for mac?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 10:54:02 PM »
A permissions issue, or maybe a bad path. Try installing it to your home directory: probably something like Z:\Users\THmanslyr\Aurora

Offline Narmio

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »
I found it was easier to install Wine via Winebottler (winebottler.kronenberg.org) and then use its inbuilt interface to winetricks to implement the suggestions from http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=27303 .  It took some fiddling to get everything working, but it wasn't too bad.  By that I mean a bunch command line work was required, but I learnt most of the required stuff via frantic googling rather than innate Unix guru powers.

Offline Shininglight (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 08:52:05 PM »
@Narmio

Could you tell me just where the command line work was needed? I've used winebottler before and had some success, but the system still crashed almost at random so *shrug*
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline Shininglight (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
Well i finally got macports set up as well as XCode, sadly it seems that the current build of winetricks isn't functional, every time i try to install it i have an issue with Orbit2 building and the macports website itself hasn't been very helpful.
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline Tripwire

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 10:40:06 AM »
Aurora works perfectly with Parallels.  Also smooth switching back to Mac OS to do whatever while NPCs are fighting it out.